McCareins Return a Possibility for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

speaking of good depth in mid-rounds .....
    what about Johnnie Lee Higgins ?

2. smili

smili Starter

Come on folks - even if we draft a WR in the first round (which I don't think I want) we still need a vet like a McCareins to fill out the roster. I don't see us going into the season with B.Jones at #1, Roby at #2 and Roydell in the slot. I like the 3 amigos, but I don't want Orr or a rookie WR to be my backup plan at WR. We will have injuries - probably multiple injuries given our history. There's gotta be a vet pickup in the mix somewhere.

I'm assuming Given's knee won't be good enough to contribute much until the end of the season - I think a fairly safe assumption.

3. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i like mccareins. lets do it
    him+1st rounder+ bjones+ troupe+ scaife + givens maybe = pretty decent receiving core

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A decent option..

Our later 4th rd pick would be fair.

Mccareins is entering year 4 of a 7 year, $31M deal that averages out to 4.4M annually. The jets have already paid out a 2nd rd pick and a $7M signing bonus for this guy with a modest return.

Obviously they don't want to pay that much for a #3 WR and mccareins doesn't want to be a #3 either. If we can get him for our late 4th and sign him to a 4 year $10M type deal i think it is a good deal.

A case could very well be made that mccareins is the equal of drew bennett and givens when he was healthy. Compare bennett's stats the last 2 years to mccareins in 04 and 05. Compare mccareins those 2 years to given's stats those 2 years. Mccareins averged 50 catches and 741 yards those 2 seasons, givens 58 catches for 806 yards.

I don't see us making this deal and still drafting a Wr in rd 1. No way..

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I don't see us drafting a WR Round 1 to begin with, especially if Revis, Houston, Nelson are there .....
    I do ,however, think a case can be made for Rice in the 2nd :wink2:

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

McCarriens is old, getting him would take away from everything we have been trying to do, which is get a young, quick team, signing vets like dillon and McCarriens would contridict this plan, if we need a reciever, best option would be 1st round, Ted Ginn, Meachem, or Bowe.

7. McCareins is old? C'mon...

He isn't even 29 yet.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

In NY he had enough drops that there was danger he wouldn't make 30.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Old?

Then so also is bennett, steve smith, reggie wayne, santana moss. I guess we won't want any of those guys either since they came in the league the same year(01). Torry holt was drafted in 99 so we certainly would'nt want that old fart.

28 is not old for a WR. Not at all..

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

to a 12 yr old like DCTitan 29 is old :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar