McCarthy now dealing with concussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

McCarthy just needs to slow down, he is way to aggresive. Constantly he is in the backfield but misses the tackle, he'll probably be less likely to get an injury too. He does have a lot of heart and passion for the game and great instincts, but sometimes he just needs to slow down.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Story of our life.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it's time to admit that the Titans, no matter how much they like McCarthy, have to address MLB.

Problem has been that the MLB has not been in the nickel package so do you use a top pick or give a big contract to a player who isn't on the field 100% of the time?

I don't know if they've kept McCarthy in the nickel when he's been healthy or not this season so this point might be a thing of the past. Or, I guess if the Titans invested big at MLB, it would be for someone they thought could stay in the nickel.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think McCarthy has been staying on the field in the nickle package with Ayers going to the side line or moving to more of a DE role.

I just really don't see us investing a high pick at LBer, but you never know.

I think our secondary is in great need of a talent influx. You could easily argue that Verner and McCourty are our only 2 quality DBs on the whole roster. I could see us drafting a CB who would play outside in the nickle packages while moving Verner to the slot. You can thus improve 2 positions with a single draft pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I can see that changing with a new DC... not sure if we'd run nickle as much, etc.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

We need a backup plan at MLB. Colin is looking more and more like a china doll:

[​IMG]

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea we need to draft an early round MLB. One without the glass syndrome.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh no he doesn't!!

Imagine how bad we'd be if he ever took advice from Griffin.

Mike - "Okay so when you see a receiver crossing your body, hang on, these guys will let you ride them"

Colin - "Uh........ Mike we're suppose to crack those guys open if they do that"

Mike - "What?"

Colin - "You've gotta hit them like they stole something"

Mike - "Oh geez, thats not nice, I don't know.."

Colin - "You're not suppose to be nice, theyre on the other team"

Mike - "Hang on, I got re-signed to do this. They knew what I do when they paid me"

Colin - Yea, about that, you suck dude, theyre probably thinking of a way to cut you right now"

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Linebackers are the most important defenders, if there's a difference maker there, we'll draft him.

Kendall Wright pick, hello. We take BPA when we draft. Only the best teams can afford to draft by need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar