Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

McCarthy vs Fokou

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 11, 2013.

?

Who should start?

McCarthy 13 vote(s) 44.8%
Fokou 16 vote(s) 55.2%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,485
    If McCarthy is healthy who do you think should start?

I think McCarthy should start this week if he's healthy hands down. The fact that we had him on the active roster and didnt use him really pisses me off when Hunter was inactive and we could have used him!
  2. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,564
    Fokou played really well, I see no reason to reduce his role.
    GoT, rodgev and afcsouthdom high five this.
  3. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,815
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Fokou will start and should start. I voted for him too.

I'm a HUGE C-Mac fan, but the dude can't stay healthy. He couldn't even survive camp. C-Mac might get his chance if Fokou goes down, and if that happens, hopefully he'll play like he did when he took Ruud's spot. But opposite that happening, C-Mac will be remain the back-up.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  4. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,485

Why should he remain the back up? If he's healthy he's much better than Fokou.
  5. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $15,167
    McCarthy will never be able to stay healthy. Leave Fokou in there so he can get settled in.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  6. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,564
    IDK about that one
  7. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    Fokou had a solid day, no reason to reduce his role. He earned his spot, even if it was due to a McCarthy injury. It's his job to lose now .
  8. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,872
    Preston should be ahead of Hunter on the depth chart
  9. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,815
    In theory, he's much better.... In reality, he's never on the field....

Here is a thought. We already have two outside backers who are more speed guys (Ayers and Sack Brown). It makes sense that the guy in the middle should be bigger - we need that beef.

Also, in the short amount of time i've seen Fokou, he's better at shedding blocks. One of the biggest problems with C-Mac is that he would get engulfed and removed from the play by linemen.

You could say now that we have bigger D-linemen (again back to THEORY), CMAC would play better as he'd have more room to run and make plays. BUT again to reality, Fokou is playing extremely well and I would not bench him for a 'theory'..... ESPECIALLY an oft-injured theory...
  10. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,465
    Agreed.