McCarthy will start against 49ers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

you dont like admitting that you're wrong do you.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Am I?

3. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

:facepalm:

4. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Colin McCarthy doesn’t deny it – he’s been a bit surly in recent weeks.

A Titans captain and starter last season, McCarthy’s been a back-up this season behind Moise Fokou, who was awarded the job out of training camp.

But with Fokou sidelined with a knee injury, McCarthy’s back in the starting lineup. He’ll start on Sunday against the 49ers.

And on Wednesday, for the first time in what’s seemed like months, he was spotted with a smile on his face.

“It has been tough. It has been real tough,’’ said McCarthy, who missed nine games last season because of an ankle injury, and concussion-related issues. “The whole situation … it was a rough year last year and rough this offseason, but it is the way it is. … Now, having the opportunity to get back and (start), I am happy about that. It is a big opportunity for me.”

McCarthy has been a standout on special teams in recent weeks. On Wednesday, coach Mike Munchak praised Fokou, and the job he has as a starter this season.

So is there a chance McCarthy could keep the job if he plays well, when Fokou is healthy again?

“I don’t see why (not),’’ McCarthy said. “But that is not my decision. I am going to make a case for myself this Sunday, and hopefully we can get this win and get momentum going into the bye week.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

ehh... considering Locker takes much less contact and is often injured, I wouldn't say that.

6. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

7. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

wilson has been doing pretty good on tight ends in the middle so far this year lets hope it continues

8. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

McCarthy get's a pick! You heard it here first, Folks!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

So it looks like Zac Diles might be our backup to the backup MLB. I guess he sort of knows the system from last year, but that was pre- Gregg Williams. Perhaps Zach Brown will be the next MLB and Diles will take the WLB spot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar