McCourty is a scrub!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

McCourty didn't impress me. Campbell baffled me. Sorely missed Verner

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would like to see more out of Coty

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

After thinking about it McCourty and Verner are our 1 and 2. I agree with you about Verner being our #1. He's also the better tackler.

4. The Hammer

Maybe they should try Verner at safety again

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

.....WHAT AM I READING???

McCourty is by far our best defensive back. HE'S THE ONLY TRUE STARTING CALIBER CB ON THE ROSTER. He is solid in ever department, size, speed, strength, ball playing ability, you name it. FOH McCourty haters.

ATV is a playmaker, but he's too small to play outside. He gets thrown around like a ragdoll when he starts outside.

Hercules (Campbell) is a physical MONSTER, but needs to develop more as a football player. If that happens, watch out. But he's not there yet.

Sensabaugh is also blessed with a ton of raw talent, but he too needs more time to develop as a football player.

BWW probably has the best shot at being our next starter opposite of McCourty. He's big enough and seems to have a better football IQ. But he needs to develop as well.

We have no second CB opposite McCourty.. we need Hercules, Sessabaugh, or BWW to develop into one. God help us if McCourty goes down.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

That was very well posted!

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'm starting to think that McCourty should be moved to safety like his brother was in order to make better use of his skill set. He is a good tackler and has some ability to make plays on the ball in the air. He maybe get bumped over to FS if we ever let Griffin go.

We need to invest some high picks in our CBs.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Truth.....

False...

--

Why are we again developing cornerbacks, I just don't know; we had an excellent tandem in the form of Finny, JMAC, ATV. It made sense and each was great at what he did.

Finny would get in the face of the number 1 - jawing all day, JMAC can handle number 2s, and ATV was an aggressive NB and sound tackler. He could also shift outside on latter downs to allow Finny to move inside. Regardless, whether it was Finny or ATV inside, they both can handle it.

I mean, I love Tommie, his story is great and the dude does try, but he just doesn't look like an NFL CB. Now I know why they didn't play him last year, just imagine him playing like that, or worse... If he cleans up all those penalties, he can be a special teams ace and perhaps he can use that time to continue and improve his game. But as of now, I'd say we are back to JMAC/ATV/Coty @ CB and we should all pray that the new scheme (with some new players) can get the job done...

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Agree with you on BWW but other than that I think your off on some things.

Verner has been consistently above average every since he's been starting. He's made plays when we needed them and has done a great job in the nickel and on the outside. I've never seen him get thrown around like a rag doll. I have seen him get beat. There's a difference. Every corner gets beat.

I think Sensabaugh and Campbell are good enough to start but both are raw and are gonna get beat on some vet moves every so often during the season. Every corner has to go through that though and even Finnegan had his games where he'd get beat on a key matchup or make a small mistake on a play. What we need is consistent above average play along with making a play when its there.

McCourty and Verner are who should be starting imo with Sens on the inside.

Our CB's aren't as terrible as everyone thinks. I'm sure we'll be changing up our scheme a lot once the season starts.

10. The Hammer

And that is why we are in trouble. I am beginning to think Hunter was a mistake at the top of the second. DB should have been taken. Took bad that Elam kid was gone though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar