McCourty is a scrub!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

McCoutry's average annual compensation is $7.3M which makes him the 12th or 13th highest paid CB. All of the guys ranked higher in pay are older than he is.

Bleacher report for what it is worth ranks Mccourty as the 31st best Cb in the league which is average and i agree with that ranking. They have Verner ranked 57th i would rank him about 32nd. So we have the 31st best CB making 12th or 13th highest money.

I know he was in an advantageous position since we had already lost finny but he needs to play a bit better to justify his paycheck.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not his fault Gray plays his CBs 40-yards off the receiver.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He's not shut down where QB's aren't throwing to his side. They throw to his side. He usually just doesn't break it up.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes a good tackler, leave him alone.

But he breaks up a lot of balls. Where he sucks is intercepting those tips. He rarely makes loose balls his. He might have small hands or something, IDK. Hes good tho

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

31st best CB = one of the worst, if not the worst #1 CB in the league though. He's a quality #2.

We desperately need a true #1 CB.

I like J-Mac, but he'll never be more than average.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

You would think if McCourty is playing so far off the receiver to begin with he wouldn't get burned as bad as he did yesterday. It was surprising how bad he played yesterday but it was only one game.

I used to think that we were one draft/FA period away from being legitimate Super Bowl contenders. I'm beginning to think it's at least 2, possibly three. We need a DE, MLB, at least one good CB if not two and we may need to replace both safeties.

7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Not to mention the question marks at QB, and at WR, and our O-line is getting old quickly.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He doesn't break up a lot of balls. He rarely gets a hand on the ball. He usually is right by the guy though and doesn't get beat deep often (can't remember him getting beat deep).

He's definitely not a scrub. Not even close. But he's also not heads and shoulders above Verner. I think Verner's instincts are a lot better, his preparation and feel for the game, and he's a better tackler. He's not as fast as McCourty but he always stays with his man. He's gotten beat a few times but what corner hasn't.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think we'll figure it out at the CB position. I think when we're gameplanning we'll get more pressure on the CB and it won't be long 1 on 1 matchups.

We also haven't seen a lot of BWW or Sensebaugh out wide.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Our o-line is getting old? Our 5 starters average 26.8 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar