McCourty is a scrub!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have used a significant amount of draft capital on the CB position. Mouton was a third rd pick and Sensibaugh and Verner were 4th rd picks and of course we just used a high 3rd on Wilson.

I don't see us using much of a pick next year for a CB. If we are going to overhaul a position next year it will be at safety.

Honestly you can get by with average CBs if your safeties are good and you have a good pass rush.

I'm far more concerned about Pollard and our safety situation than JM.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Safety for sure. Even if Pollard is decent he is only on a one year deal. George Wilson is old, getting worse and was never that great to begin with.

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Off the top of my head Mike Wallace Thursday night last year vs Steelers. Probably more recent and often, but this is one I distinctly remember because Wallace was on my fantasy team.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If our defense struggles this year look for a total over haul of the safety position and a conversion to a 3-4 system.

That's even with Munch remaining as the head coach.

5. Brian Richard

Brian Richard Camp Fodder

for the most part the D in the box was not all that bad. Now the coverage on the other hand, Ha needs work.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I like J-Mac, and he's gonna be here long term. Verner on the other hand...

7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

We gotta replace both our Tackles soon, and maybe a guard, but other than that it's not too bad. Tackles are very important. We were very lucky to get those two gems in the draft.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Still think the wrong CB got paid. We definitely should have kept Finnegan and locked up Verner instead of JMac. I'm still rooting for the guy to play well but I don't think he's a top CB and definitely didn't warrant the money we've given him so far and still owe him.

Although Verner doesn't have great speed he has great football IQ and awareness. He knows how to make plays on the ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

???

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Mk Levitre isn't as old as a thought he was, but he won't come cheap when we gotta resign him. Our two tackles are getting old, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar