McGahee Mix?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

True, but Dillon still would have the opportunity to be the #1 back, just like Henry would have if we would have kept him.

So if we signed Dillon he would be our #1 Rb or #2 with White being the remaining spot. Either way they would be splitting carries. Dillon is getting too old to take a full season's ware and tear, and LenDale is too unproven, I will admit because I'm a big LenDale fan. They could be a prett decent 1, 2. Then we would just need a smaller faster 3rd back. Wolfe, Irons, Hunt?

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get Dillon, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he retires if he doesn't get an offer to start (it also wouldn't surprise me if nobody offered him a featured back position at this point in his career) what does he have to play for? he's got his ring

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

he's been playing for 10 years, I'm sure he's got plenty, but besides that I doubt anybody will give him more than he would have gotten under his contract with the Pats (just a guess, for all I know he might not have been due much at all) so if he was just looking for money I wouldn't think he'd feel the need to leave NE.

4. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Just heard on ESPN that the Bills are desperate to trade McGahee. They will probably have to settle for a 3rd round pick because of the Thomas Jones deal.

Bills are bringing in Chris Brown and Dominic Rhodes to visit this week.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

here's the part I guess I missed, why are the Bills trying to trade McGahee? did he demand the trade?

6. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

I don't know?

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

nevermind, just found it:

Source

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcgahee..

He is a better fit for this offense than he was with the bills. He could dominate in this offense with his slashing style. Assuming he is comitted to work hard and play at his best. If we get this guy and jackson we can honestly start talking about big things.

That said i don't see it happening.. we are committed to lendale white and need a solid backup with a proven track record. Brown or rhodes.. Mcgahee isn't going to be brought in to backup.

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I wouldn't mind seeing us bring McGahee in and doing a RBBC with him and LenBuddha, look how many teams are consistently running two backs and those teams are at the top of the league. Of course, Fisher's never seemed to be a fan of the RBBC consept, but I think it could work very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar