McNair 148 yards? wow

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Mason is the type of guy who can open in a closet and makes the catch.
    Having a guy like Mason Mac can go to IMO has been a real help to his game and one of the things he missed last year. On 3rd down Mac likes to focus on one guy he can depend on. With Heap and Mason Mac could have a decent year.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

McNair's stats made him look better then he played that game. He hit Mason 5 of his first 6 completed passes. He was looking to him way to much. The fumble looked pretty bad and if the Eagles RB had not coughed up the ball almost 2 plays later it would have been good for at least 3. He was not very effective once the Eagles D realized he was only looking at Mason. They had a couple good shots of his eyes and he would go back and forth between heap and Mason. Dawkins should have taken a pick to the house on that pass to Heap but dropped a ball that hit him in the hands. He got 42 yards on a screen pass that the Eagles must have been blind not to read forming. He struggled in the red zone to say the least and Lewis was running well which took some time for the D to adjust too.

I like McNair but that game was not stellar.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Soxcat...

Thanks for telling us what we all know already that mason is a good player. So is chad johnson and marvin harrison and jerry rice and 500 other WRs many who are better than mason. Should we dump on any QB who has a good WR to throw to?

Jwill is suggesting that mcnair would be nothing without mason.

Where would joe montana be without dwight clark?

:logo:

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Dude the guy was 14/18 with 148. It is a good game so lets let it be. At what point did the Eagles realize he had locked on to Dmas and Heap and stop him from being effective. He only had 4 incompletions! What marked his ineffectiveness? His numbers just don't relect an ineffective streak.

5. Blazing Arrow

3 out of 4 of those incompletions came in the last 2 drives of the half. You did noticed that he was unable to score 6 right?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sounds like many games mcnair had between 1999 and 2003 when the titans were winning.

We never used to pay this much pre-season attention to mcnair when he was on our own team so why are we paying so much attention now? He is on a new team in a new enviroment and is playing well. It doesn't look like he is done for sure. Isn't that all we need to know?

In his first game he was a moron for throwing mostly to TEs. Now he is too reliant on mason. Who cares!

We never used to scrutizize mcnair this much during the regular season.

7. Blazing Arrow

This is isolated to one game. I am just talking about this game which I happened to see on the replay on NFL network last night. It does not by any means say McNair will do bad in the regular season. At times there O looked like it was marching but just seemed to get stopped at the end. Another thing to realize is this was the Eagles #1 D out there. They have had a solid D for years and they did not look bad last night either.

I could say the same for McNabb. His long balls were weak and he got bailed out on a PI call and a hands to the face on Rolle that should never had been called. Both extended scoring drives.

All I am saying that using the 148 mark to prove he had a good game but you did not see the actual game itself is deceptive. He played amazing in the first game and the Rat-birds will not play an Eagles caliber D in every game. I am sure he will do fine.

8. Blazing Arrow

And could the goose plug Heap one more time please? I was so sick of hearing Heaps name after the first quarter especially since he did not get a ball until the mid point of the second. I hope goose is only on NFL network. That crew last night was silly.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

In Nashville. :rolleyes:

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Mac spent a number of years getting used to throwing to Mason. They had good chemistry and Mason was reliable. That kind of chemistry could come about with another quality WR but it is already there for Mason. IMO Mac would have a little harder time adjusting to his new team if Mason wasn't present. IMO that is what Jwill was saying. Mac also has had an easier adjustment going to a team with a pro-bowl TE. Mac loves to dump the ball off to his TEs.

One thing I didn't know was that there are 500 WRs better than Mason. Thanks for that intellectual tidbit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar