McNair article from SI

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wish him the best that he can get from an 0-16 season...

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:ha:

3. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

he is right about one thing, all steve mcnair has to do is play steve mcnair football. and i hate saying this, because i love steve, but part of playing steve mcnair football is keepin his mouth shut and letting his actions do the talking on the feild! thats the steve mcnair i know. in a way, it does seem like he is blowing off the titans, and if so, that is wrong. i know the whole contract thing left little to be desired, but with that aside, this team gave him a chance and believed in him, the titans fans supported him, and jeff fisher was very loyal to him, as he is to all his players. i don't want to believe this, or think this, but does it seem to anyone that steve is starting to get big headed? lord i hope not, because that is not the mcnair that i know and love.:hmm:

4. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Fisher's Law states that, KVB + Steve McNair = Kyle Boller. That's all I have to say on the matter. :brow:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Quote:

the energy this team brings. I think that's what I've been missing for a long time now.''

But I still have a lot more years in me. I still have the capability to play winning football, and now that I'm with a great team that has great coaches and great team chemistry, it makes my job a lot easier.''

He's not exactly stickin the knife into us but its a definite dig . I think he ought to look in the mirror and realise he was a big part of what we've been missing. How much of last years poor receiving was because he wasn't interested in putting the time and effort to help those young receivers.

I'll bet his $12million or whatever it is this year works out at about $1mill per touchdown if he's lucky.:grrr:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think this piece rolls the Titans under the bus as others might. Honestly, the energy comment may be his own issue and it's hard to argue the Titans had the talent and experience last year the Ravens have now.

I would be shocked if McNair didn't make some of the comments he did. But let's not forget the comments he made when in town just a few weeks back.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He definately has the right to sound off after how he was treated in the end. It's easy to knock him in hindsight too but since he's left his work ethic outside of gameday has been criticised. It's just an opinion but I really think the last 2 seasons he was part of the problem.

Even so I hope he gets to retire as a Titan for all he's done in the past:))

8. TitanJeff

Interesting. What do you base this on?

He clearly has been injured too often the past two seasons but is, by far, the best weapon the Titans had on offense last season.

9. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

"the energy this team brings. I think that's what I've been missing for a long time now.''

It's amazing the things that can happen when you show up for practice, and then actually practice.

10. TitanJeff

That may all change by about game three of the regular season and he gets dinged. Biglick will be on the tube each Wednesday saying "game time decision".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar