McNair calls first Ravens practice 'mind boggling'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I'm going to enjoy watching defenses bust him up next year. Especially the Steelers. 3 or 4 more years? Get real.

2. jaydog

jaydog Guest

Everything you said is literally opinion and not based on facts. Do you not remember that in 2004 the man played struggled the whole season with a broken sternum. McNair suffered the sternum injury Sept. 26 against Jacksonville, re-injured it at Minnesota on Oct. 24 and again at Houston on Nov. 28. All in 2004. He had surgery to repair it in Dec. The injury was so bad & painful that before the surgery he was considering retirement. This also coincides with the first real year of the roster being purged.

So you damn skippy he wasn't the Steve of old. The man had a broken bone in his chest, first diagnosed as only a severe bruise. He couldn't throw the ball nearly at full strength but never complained. Gave his all until he couldn't anymore, hence the surgery.

2005 more of the same, now heathier. The Titans continued to purge the roster, leaving bare necessities. The man never complained but played. You say his heart wasn't into it.........now you're reading minds, lol! He did a good job playing on a team that had no chance to win, and he knew it. He just made it through.

Like I've said the whole time. You and some of these other fans are like gilted lovers. You're mad at him because you think he wronged you. Your opinion, but utter BS.

More bull. That man did all he could in the past two years. The Titans were crappy across the board. Like I said earlier, you can't make sugar from ****.

Perhaps the silliest post of the day. Where in Hades was the front office going to go? Huh? Is anybody currently offering Floyd Reese a better opportunity. No. Reese also has one more year on his contract. Let's see if he stays next year when other offers come up and Bud Adams gives him lukewarm offers. Jeff Fisher also.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I love it when someone has the balls to say an opinion is fine but it is still BS.

4. jaydog

jaydog Guest

This man was thinking about retirement during the time he had a broken sternum and it appeared no relief was in sight. Surgery fixed what turned out to be a birth defect in which his sternum was not even connected and led to the severe bruising he experienced from time to time when hit in the area.

He never mentioned retirement at all in 2005. Because he was a lot healthier.

5. jaydog

jaydog Guest

Well you'll absolutely love me.:ha:

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnair and WRs...

Mcnair had a very good, deep stable of WRs for 3 years out of his career. 2001-2003. I would like someone to name a better QB in that three year span. Mcnabb had an off year in 2003, mcnair's passing rating was 5 points higher than tom brady and actually one point higher than manning. Manning's 2 best years would come in after that. Rich gannon became old and injured in 2003 after a great 4 years. Kurt warner was no longer a factor by then. Only brett favre and tom brady were comparable and i would give mcnair the nod over favre.

It's not that steve didn't have good players around him in previous years. He had good lineman like bruce, hopkins, runyon stepnoski, he had eddie and he always had good TEs but he didn't always have a good deep WR corp and when he did his average passing rating was 91. Go back to mcnair circa 1998. With total crap at the WR position he had an 80 passing rating and was an awesome runner. The guy was a great player already it just took 4 years and some better WRs for people to realize it.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm already pricing rings. :brow:

8. jaydog

jaydog Guest

You may be right, he may not last the full year, much less the 3 or 4 he wants to. But he now has the option to if he wants to or if he can. He didn't have that guarantee here. All he had was this year. For a man that wants to play longer, that's not sufficient.

9. jaydog

jaydog Guest

Slow waaaaaaaayyyy down.:ha:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Trent Green? 3x4000 yards and over 90 Passer rating...though not sure if that was in the span 2001 - 2003.

And with no WRs whatsoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar