Mcnair come back home.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I tend to agree, but perhaps there would be some draw for him coming back to TN and mentoring Young for a year as his backup and then hanging it up...

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Young is coming along great. The only thing he needs to work on is his passing mechanics.....an area where McNair was never really well versed. When McNair's legs went, so did his passing. I would rather Vince be a damn good pocket QB, then use those legs only when he needs to. Vince seems to have an incredible work ethic too, let's not ruin that either.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

there, i fixed it for you :grrhee:

4. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

Hey TNT...I like this positive statement you are making about Vince...:))

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

McNair messed up. He got greedy and now he'll suffer the exact same exit from the NFL that Eddie George did. You would think that any smart person would've learned from Eddie's situation, but maybe Mac just isn't very smart.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I want a backup who is well-versed in reading defensive coverages, and can teach Vince that part of the game.

Think about how ridiculous it would be to see Vince walk up to the line and call a bunch of audibles to change the protection and exploit a weakness he sees in the defense.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I love the offseason...looking forward to ridiculous threads with absurd premises, just like this one. :rolleyes:

8. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Hey I understand this thread is a little off the wall, but I enjoyed what Mcnair brought to this Football team over his career here in Nashville. It would just be nice to see Mcnair in the right colors before he heads off to the farm. However, I realize the NFL is not a fairy tale world. I will always know after watching that video of Mcnair vs Lewis before the AFC Wild Card game that the Titans had the real Steve Mcnair. The Ravens just became part of that old adage cant beat them join them and when they joined with him he was not what his days were in Tennessee.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

So you think. We could have 4 starting probowlers, but if you can't get the ball to them, what good does it do? If an archer can't hit the target, you don't buy new targets, you get the archer lessons........:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar