McNair Grievance Set for May 16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: An arbitrator is scheduled to hear the NFL Players Association's grievance against the Titans on May 16 on behalf of Steve McNair. If the arbitrator rules in McNair's favor, the Titans would have to let him work out at their facility or release him. "It is a situation that cries out for fairness, and we define fairness as he's either a Tennessee Titan or he should be allowed to play with another team," NFLPA general counsel Richard Berthelsen said Tuesday. He has the right to be with the other players to prepare for the upcoming season, to get into football shape and get in a routine with the new receivers and young receivers on the club. If they don't want to do that, then he should be able to go elsewhere."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He will be re-signed/traded/released before may 16th.

I'm betting with Law coming in for a look, Reese has made his final offer to Mcnair.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I think this kills the chances of us getting a draft pick for him. We are sure to lose this arbitration, and then our choices will be let him work out or release him. So why would anyone give up a pick for a guy who's going to be a free agent in two weeks?

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I think we tried to trade him in the draft... wasn't worth much...no he'll be released. He is worth more just being off the payroll...

5. Well then, we could just let him workout with the team. That might convince Baltimore that they might not get him without a real trade.

6. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

if Mac stays Vince will be off the charts

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I keep reading that part of the arbitration is that Steve is asking to be released from his contract. Do the arbitrators have the power to void the last year? Would they do that even if we say we'll let 9 back in the door?

I guess the bottom line is that the hearing will probably never happen. Riverman is probably right, we'll probably have some kind of resolution before then. I think everything will shake out next week.

8. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

BR...i'm not gettin ur sig? explain bro

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

That's GM Floyd Reese. He likes 4th round picks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar