McNair looking like the bad guy in the end?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Delaware Titan, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

Just sitting here thinking if McNair doesnt rework his cap number for this year and we do cut him, does he really think he is going to see that same amount from Baltimore? I dont believe that the Ravens have the cap room to offer him the big payout he is looking for. So that means he would be taking less money to play elsewhere, almost like he is taking his ball and going home just to prove a point. And by no means do I agree with how the situation is being handled by either side.:suspect:

2. H Man

H Man Guest

Remember the Eddie deal? He ended up in Dallas for a couple of extra pennies. I don't know the Ratbirds cap situation, but it would suck seeing Mac in their uni. I heard a teaser on NFL Total Access, about a trade with San Diego. You hear anything on that?

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd much rather he go to San Diego, even if we'd face him this year anyway. They could use him if he's cheaper than brees.

4. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

I know that the Chargers are actively shopping Donnie Edwards. Maybe McNair for Edwards that would help with our LB problems. With him Bull, and Thorton we could have the best group in the league.::greedy:

5. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

hmmmm....I like that trade. Don't see it happening, but I like it.

6. Mcnair for Edwards, hmmmmmmm.............

I want a MLB from the draft, but this trade i'm starting to like, even if unlikely.

Maybe Mcnair for Edwards and a 3rd round pick, yep there we go:brow:

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Won't happen for so many reason it's not funny!

The whole reason SD sent Brees packing was so they can make Rivers the fulltime starter...and only pay for ONE franchise QB, not 2 1/2! McNair makes way too much money, the cap hit we couldn't afford without some crazy maneuvering, and why would SD weaken their D for a QB who keeps getting hurt and demands a huge salary?

Sorry guys...won't happen!!! You might be better off with our first rndr, McNair, and Chris Brown for LT and Rivers. One can dream...

Gut

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Now thats a trade that I like:brow:
    To bad it would never happen

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I think that both sides are jockeying for position right now. Both sides know that nothing is going to happen until after the draft. If Steve holds out and does not take a pay cut, especially after 2 very bad seasons and his injuries, he will look more like an a$$ than anything. I think everyone agrees that he is not worth what his contract says he should get paid. There is no way that anyone else, or any other teams, would think he is worth that much. Steves best option is to stay here in Tennessee where he is respected, loved, wanted and has a history.

10. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I'm amazed and saddened that this whole situation has gotten as ugly as this. Though I've long been a McNair apologist, I cannot side with him on this one (Not like I can say I like what the Titans are doing either, though. I'm such a flipping fence-sitter). But to fans like me (stooges who forget years of devotion and loyal service from a player), only the recent facts are apparent; Mac is two years removed from a co-MVP and has not been the player we knew since that time. I hope he takes the pay cut, plays well and the whole thing can be put behind us. Though it's kind of obvious I'd hope for that, eh?

Curious that Donnie Edwards should come up in this topic but no mention of Ray Lewis as alluded to in another topic. Is it a tired idea, or are y'all really that anti-ratbird?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar