McNair on MNF

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm wondering if maybe the injury experience mcnair had in 04 changed him some as a player and caused him to regress.

During the game monday night jaws brought up the issue about mcnair looking to check down too soon and often not even bothering to look for receivers down the field. After a 7 yard swing pass to a fullback jaws brought that up again and tony's retort was that mcnair had been hit hard that game and maybe just didn't want to stand in there. Tony was trying to defend mcnair but maybe he brings up another point he didn't intend. Maybe mcnair is more shy about getting hit since what happened in 04.

Since 04 mcnair has been over reliant on short passes and check downs and doesn't seem to hold the ball as long. In 03 mcnair was complete a passer who used the whole field so why just a season later in 05 was he so limited? Was it just the personnel or did he change?

The 04 injury was significant. He talked about quitting how he couldn't sleep or play with his kids the pain was so great. The injury was right in a spot that is hard to protect especially for a QB standing in the pocket and stepping up in the pocket to throw a long pass.

Mcnair is still only 34.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

RollTide

His sternum was diagnosed as being a problem that was waiting to happen. It was weaker than a regular guys sternum.The bone graft worked & his is now said to tougher than a regular guys.

I used to love McNair but your right,he's not been the same since 03.

I wouldn't say he's gun shy because he still stands in the pocket takes hits & fights to make throws with guys hanging off him. Maybe he's not the same guy because of his lazy practice habits. Jerry Rice fought father time with a strict diet & hard work. I can't see McNair being that kind of guy.

It was interesting watching them break down his passing accuracy during the game. His least effective passing range throwing 10 yards or less. On the rare occasion he does throw long he's more accurate than when he's dunking it off short.

It's a shame to see him fall like this but as you say Rolltide,he's only 34 so what on earth is the problem? I'm just glad we let him go when we did.The Ravens are not getting value for money from him at $10 million plus a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar