McNair Pro Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

In all fairness no offensive player looked good

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I DVR'd that mess -- it was suffering first to FF all the way to 6:something left in the 4th, then Steve... you know the rumblings were like, "That's why you weren't named to the ProBowl in the first place," and "You owe us $20,000, Steve."

That will heat up some retirement rumors, I'd say. Or "should retire" talks.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What exactly did Steve do that was so bad?
    He had 2 fumbled snaps from a center he's never played with.
    He put a long pass just an inch to far in front of Rod Smith.
    He threw a hail mary that was knocked down in the endzone.
    He got sacked trying to buy time to throw a hail mary.
    He had 4 incompletions that I don't remember.

Even if the 4 incompletions were horrible plays by McNair I wouldn't exactly pin it all on him. A bad snap is 50-50 between the center and QB and if Manning get's the "slick balls" excuse, so should McNair.

Manning's performance was by far worse, considering he had his starting center, receiver and runningback to play with.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What did McNair do that was so bad? Taking snaps from center isn't exactly rocket science for a guy who is in the pro-bowl is it? McNair did display a strong arm but most of his passes were off the mark. Any other fan but a homer Titan fan would say he sucked. If the rolls were reversed and McNair played like Manning and visa versa Manning would be tared and feathered on this board for not even being able to take a snap from center. Of course we would also have the excuses for McNair like the balls are slick. IMO you could flip a coin to see which QB was worse. They both sucked.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, I can assume you've never played center or quarterback, but the snap exchange can vary greatly from person to person, so no you can't just go behind any center and get a good snap every time.

And I agree his throws were off the mark, but so was everyone elses, due to the windy conditions and the wet balls. So I still don't see why he was so bad, he was par for the course in my book.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no doubt

that was a defenseman's game

noone was beyond ridicule in that game

Peyton Manning, BY FAR, looked the worst of anyone

and had Rod Smith caught the ball on the play that he got injured, the AFC would have been within the 10 yard line and poised to score (or at least tie it)

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

anyone know how to calculate the qb ratings for AFC.

8. McNair's passing seemed fine, and it's not like he had much of a chance. He didn't throw a pass until there was about 1 minute left in the game.

It was just taking a snap that was a problem.

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

AFC QBs 20 completions of 45 passes, 189 yds, 1 TD, 4 Int
    Rounded rating of 27.
    Conversely, NFC QBs 21 completions of 39 passes, 181 yds, 1 TD, 2 Int
    Rounded rating of 53.

I think that's right. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    EDIT: Can't claim credit for that, that's all primecomputing right there. Oh the guilt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar