McNair retirement fund.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 27, 2006.

?
  1. Redo current contract, pay him 10 mil

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Redo contract, pay him OVER 13.5 mil

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Redo contract, pay him under 8 mil

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  4. Cut him, resign him after he tests the market

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Pay him. It makes no real difference right now. I'd rather get the relief 2 years from now when Young is drawing in free agents.

3. Yes, pay him the money and we will free it up in 2 yeras when our new Qb be ready to start for us, McNair deserves the money, he is loyal and I donĀ“t think that he would like finish his career like Eddie did.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well it really depends on our cap situation. If paying him the $10mil means that his capfigure is completely gone in 2007, sure pay him, it's not like we're going to the SB next year. I just want us to have money in 2007, if that means cutting McNair, Hopkins, Olson and Sirmon, so be it.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

If we pay him what he wants it'll kill our cap for next year. Screw that. He hasn't played well enough to deserve $9 million. I could see maybe half that at best. I seriously doubt that Reese will come up as high as $8 or $9 million for Steve. I've always liked McNair but that's a lot of money for a guy who was just talking about retirement a year ago and hasn't had a good season in over two years.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No way I structure anything that doesn't give me the opportunity to bail out in '07. The last thing we need is to get into a three-year deal with a big cap hit if they want to "force retirement" on him in '07.

I'd rather stick with the current deal.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Reese stated he could handle but wasn't sure he wanted to

it makes no sense to me to pay tie $9-$14 million into a player heading for retirement if the team isn't in position to compete for the title. - which I don't think we are .... yet

we're probably going to struggle next year anyway, so might as well struggle with Volek, save the money for FA's so we can compete in '07

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think it's time for Steve to make a choice. Keep in mind that all this stuff is coming from his agent. If that is his stance, it looks like it might be time to part ways.

9. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I love Steve, but he is not worth $10 million after the past two seasons.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ya know, these players really need to tighten the reigns on their agents
    kinda like what Billy did when Drew spouted off

Steve is a class act, and Bus is regarded well too
    this doesn't appear to be a Rosenhaus tactic
    he's just stating it like it is
    he's gonna try and get the most money he can for his client

if Someone is willing to pay Steve $20 million over 3 years, let them
    as much as I admire the man, I don't feel like tying that much into him

you'd figure if these weren't Steve's sentiments, then he would say so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar