McNair to be Traded to Ravens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans ended their stalemate with quarterback Steve McNair on Wednesday and traded the former MVP to the Baltimore Ravens pending a physical. "We have granted permission to Baltimore to give Steve McNair a physical, which we expect to take place in the next 24 hours," the team said in a statement. "Upon passing a physical, final trade terms will be agreed upon."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't think Mac will but I sure do think Derrick Mason just became one of the league's best recievers again. Crap, and Todd Heap catches anything thrown his way.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well at least we won't have to read Bus Cook's drivel in the papers anymore, I just hope it is a conditional pick, so that we get a 3rd in the unlikely event that McNair has a good, injury-free season.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

See ya Mac. Sorry it had to end like this brother.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Todd Heap will be loving life, so will Mason.

The Titans get something out of it. I'm happy.

It's no big deal at this point.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Good luck Steve. Thanks for the memories.

Please, please, please don't let the next "breaking news" be the Titans signing of Kerry Collins.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Word is the trade is for a fourth-rounder. Anyone hearing anything confirmed?

8. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

more rumor

Terry McCormick of the City Paper, just said on the radio, that he thinks the 4 moves up to a 3 based on performance. He is not sure and trying to confirm.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I've heard that as well, but not from anywhere "official."

10. ClarksvlleTitan

ClarksvlleTitan Camp Fodder

It is a 4th / conditional 3rd

Quote from story in ESPN.com:

"Pending a physical, McNair is on his way to Baltimore in a trade that is believed to involve a fourth-round choice in 2007. Those were terms that have been discussed for the past several weeks between the two teams. There is a possibility the draft pick could become a third-round choice depending on his playing time and performance in 2006."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar