McNair to Ravens Deal Dead for Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though Bus Cook reported his client Steve McNair may be traded to the Baltimore Ravens within the next 24 hours, the Titans front office disagrees. Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said late today that discussions for a trade did occur but the Ravens' offer was insufficient which kills any chance for a deal to be made. Asked about McNair being released within hours, the Titans general manager had a short answer. "That's not going to happen, no," Reese said. But Reese plans to sit down with Cook to try and work out something now with the draft completed. "Now I think it'll be everybody's duty to sit down and see if we can get something done. I don't know if we can," Reese said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

What do I think about this article?

I think Bus Cook is a total Moron. He must think that spewing crud is helping McNair's case.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was just saying to Kami the exact same thing - Bus Cook is a tool.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

wow so this means mcnair has a what 70% chance he will be back with us haha thats awesome... if i saw bus cook i would punch him in the mouth

5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Mort and ESPN might want to find a new source. Bus is making them look foolish

6. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

agents do so much for the harmonious chords of life

7. metal957

metal957 Starter

What I love about all of this is how the local tv media is jumping on all of this like McNair has been traded. Channels 2, 4, 5, and 6 are just hilarious.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Tons of news sources had it a done deal.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They don't need Bus for that.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's possible that Reese allowed this to reach a certian point to "feel the market" to see if anyone else wants to come up for Steve

BUT, that could also backfire if he just releases him all out - as to where he would get nothing for him

I'd be iterested in knowing exactly what Baltimore's offer actually was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar