McNair vs Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MsTitan, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

wow wedding bells already?! first i have to see what you look like , then meet you, get to know you! :ha: :ha: :ha: no, but really, i love mac alot I COULD GO ON FOREVER ABOUT HIM BABY!

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Manning doesn't have the mental fortitude it takes to handle the pressure of getting it done when it counts. Manning is a BMF when it comes to dusting teams in the regular season...but when all the cards are down and it's do or die he's a chicken choker and I'm sure his postseason W/L reflect that.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think Peytons biggest problem is not knowing when to throw you opponent off balance vs. playing to his strengths. (See Pitt, throw when you should be running). That's how the Titans have won most of their playoff games. You come out firing on a differeny cylinder. But for whatever reason, Peyton never seems to control the game. He always seems to be firing into the teeth of the defense. While McNair on the other hand seemed to be able to pick apart a defense. He had the advantage because he could always run even when it looked like a pass. So no matter what defense you throw at him, he could drop back, then run if he wanted. But that was his talent.

Peyton has more skill throwing the ball, but it's the decision making that seems to be lacking, but that is part of being a qb, so I give the edge to McNair.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Manning >>>> McNair

All day, everyday.

Some of you have to get that hate out of your eyes. Get all the excuses you want, but the Titans haven't done much better than the Colts. Going to the SB 6 years ago? Let's move on. :sad2:

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I wouldn't say that McNair is better than Manning as a QB, but given the choice between the 2 in a playoff game or clutch situation, all other things being equal, I'd pick McNair.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Ok Kami, let's spin it then.
    Give McNair what Manning has minus the Manning.

It's hard to say what McNair could do behind a decent line with a first class set of targets, a solid run game, not to mention a stingy defense, let alone this Colts team we have had the privilege to see this past season. I say keep that Manning chi, I'd take the McNair mojo over that guano.

We've had playoff berths. Can't make it out like we have seen nothing at all since '99. In 2003 If McNair (whoops, there I go with excuses), point is we could have sent them home in our second AFC Championship appearence in two years. We aren't really all that far removed from that incompletion to Bennet in the cold Foxboro winter.

That '05 Colts team is far superior to what we've brought in '04 or '05.
    That's a credit to Bill Polian's FO that's for sure.
    All McNair needs is the right group behind him.

Sadly, that will not materialize because indeed the window has closed.
    The time is nigh to pass the torch and the selection of Vince Young in the draft is critical for this team to reclaim it's idenity reminiscent to that of the '99 and '00.

Still though, I think Peyton has got the "dork" gene. When the pressure is on, when it is it's most intense, he thinks of all the articles, the history, people asking him the question...It echos in his head like a locamotive chugging through a canyon...Big Game...When will you win the big game?...Big Game...Are you going to choke again? And then he starts to slip.

Not to mention all those personality traits.
    This ain't hate.

Manning vs. McNair???
    Manning is fortunate. He has the skills. He has the tools...
    He even has the EDGE.

Mac has got the mental metal...or at least he had.
    In any case, I agree.
    It's time to move on.

The ultimate victory in the Manning vs. McNair debate would be to beat the Colts to the Super Bowl. Eliminating them along the way would be a real plus. But still, if you take the best McNair against prime Manning...

Steve can (or could) hoist a team on his back when it absolutely, positively had to be done. (sorta)
    Manning hasn't proven that.

Vince Young can be greater than Manning ever thought about being.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'll respect it. Keep in mind, Manning has about a 90 QB rating in the playoffs. Yeah pretty terrible right there. McNair peaked in 2003. His time has passed. Get over it fellas:sad2:

And I'll ignore that Young comment, since he ain't even played a game yet.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I'm talking about intangibles. Numbers are just that. Numbers.

I'm talking about Panic Manning.

I'm over it. I'm so over it I've moved on.

[​IMG]

But I'll still drag his name through the
    mud six days a week and twice on sundays.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Intangibles? A 90 QB rating is a 90 QB rating. It's far better than Mac's in the playoffs.

Intangibles is something people love to throw out when they've run out of stats to prove their point. Stats don't lie, but they can be twisted. However, people who argue with NO stats or means of evidence, outside of spitting around words like "intangibles", aren't going to prove anything.

Is Manning worse in the playoffs as compared to McNair? I think not...:sad2: ****, when was the last time we were in the playoffs? This arguement is pretty obvious...

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just compare Manning's playoff record to McNairs.

McNair has won the same amount of playoff games in one playoff run (1999) then Manning has in his career.
    With less talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar