McNair vs Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MsTitan, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Not necessarily win the game but if you can throw a million touchdowns during the regular season to break Dan Marino's record you would think you could throw atleast one in a entire game.

Second, the 99 game when we beat them. Manning and the Colts were favored to win that game. Shoulda have one but he didn't. Got beat by a QB with terrible stats (go figure).:hmm:

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Eddie George rushed for a franchise playoff-record 162 yards and Al Del Greco kicked four field goals to lead the Tennessee Titans to a 19-16 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC divisional playoffs in 1999.
    McNair was a blistering 13-of-24 for 112 yards in that game (McNair did have a whopping 35 yards rushing, thats 147 yards of total offense by the great one). Give me a break. Could anyone doubt that if McNair had been the Colts QB and Manning the Titans QB that game that the Titans would have won?

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If you really believe that McNair could have even come close to leading the Colts over the Steelers you are smoking something. McNair's playoff record less the miracle play in 1999 would be as bad as Mannings.

Just to show how the QB gets a bad rap simply look at the Titans loss to the Ravens the following year. McNair had possibly his best playoff game statistically 24-46-1-176, and yet the Titans only put up 10 points. If the Titans don't pull off the miracle run back against the Bills McNair gets knocked out of the playoffs two years in a row and is a choker and a loser.
    McNair could have easily lost the other playoff game against the Ravens considering he threw 3 ints. Slamming Manning must make some of you feel better but one thing for sure. The Colts are a playoff team and we suck. The Colts by Starkiller's own admission will be the team to beat next "unless Manning gets hurt" and we will be lucky to sniff the playoffs again.
    We can only hope and dream we get a QB even close to Manning to replace McNair.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Someone close this thread...This just got clamped shut.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Fact: Peyton has had some of the best offensive players the NFL has seen in the past 10 years playing for him his entire career.
    Fact: Peyton has never won a big game in his entire career despite showing tons of potential.
    Fact: Peyton has had basically the same offensive line since day 1.
    Fact: Peyton is still one of the best qb's the game has ever seen. Probably on the short list (top 3-5).
    Fact: McNair has had much less talent surrounding him, even taking into account the defenses.
    Fact: McNair has had less opportunities to excel in the playoffs.
    Fact: McNair has nonetheless made the most of those opportunities short of winning the Super Bowl.
    Fact: McNair doesn't play for the Colts and Manning doesn't play for the Titans.
    Fact: No one knows what would have happened had it worked out differently for them.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I agree with all of these. Manning is STILL the better QB with all that in mind. Close thread.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Imagine what Napoleon could have done if he would have had a B-52?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Play the reversal game. Would Peyton be more productive the McNair if he was with the Titans? Vice-versa?

I think Manning would be a much better QB than McNair is. Up to 2004, I'd call it very close. Before that, I gave the nod to McNair. But not anymore.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Actually, his OLine has had very much turnover with the exception of Tarik Glenn. The Colts OLine was the equivalent to the Broncos RB's, just plug and play, and no one misses a beat. Think of how many different guard combinations they have used over the last 4 years, and nobody seems to use this as an excuse like Titan fans would.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I hate this thread.

Why are we defending the enemy (or bashing him, for that matter), and bashing our own QB? Who gives a crap which one's better. We have #9, and they have the former Vol...the rest is irrelevant. I was glad the Colts lost, but jeez...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar