McNair vs Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MsTitan, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Stat boy must respond to gunny's post!

I don't think anyone on this board has not admitted that manning played poorly in those two patriot losses. No question. Manning himself would admit that. But the problem with this steeler game and all three of those losses is that the opposition had a big edge in time of possession. That limited manning's possession opportunities. As soxcat said the steelers held the ball which is the reason manning refused to punt the ball on that 4th down play. Hell the steelers went for it on 4th down twice when it was illogical to do so and made it!
    Last year corey dillon rushed for 144 yards on that defense and back in 2000 lamar smith ran for 200 yards on the colts in a playoff game.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How many times early in the game did the Colts go 3 and out?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have a question...

For guys like titan 2008, gunny and mad about mcnair.

How does this compute?

If mcnair is the best QB on the planet. Jeff fisher is a great coach doing a great job, and floyd resse is doing such a solid job then why are the titans 9-24 in their last 33 games? Mcnair has a 7-16 record in his last 23 starts and has missed 10 starts during that time.

Why do we suck so bad? I find it interesting that the same posters want to defend everything about an organization that is run so horribly. Why is that? You don't care that we lose? You can't think logically?

:suspect:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

answer my question.

And your talking about logical thinking? quote me when I have said Fisher is the best coach on the planet? Reese? et al.

You still living in the 60s?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

when I have said Fisher is the best coach on the planet? Reese? et al.
    ----------------------------------------

I didn't say you did but if steve mcnair is better than peyton manning(your claim here) then he sure and the hell must be the best QB on the planet or close.

Look gunny i could splice together numerous posts and comments from you where you defend these bozos every chance you get. You think that keith bulluck is always being jobbed out of a pro bowl. To read your posts one could only conclude that you are happy with this team.

On the grade reese and fisher thread there were 4 bozos who actually gave them an A grade. I just assume one of them was you. Why wouldn't i? You were on that thread defending them.

Great players and great coaches are just that because they overcome adversity. They prevail when they normally wouldn't be expected to. For guys like you adversity is always an excuse to suck. Really suck!

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

For guys like RollTide, why do you defend teams like the New Orlean Saints ?

How does that compute ?

They are horrible. They have been for a long time. They are run poorly. <Insert random facts that support my conclusions here> Why do you say that Aaron Brooks is better than Peyton Manning ? He was benched at the end of the season. They are picking 2nd for a reason !

I find it interesting that the same poster wants to make generic statements with no evidence (quotes).

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titan 2008...

What are you smoking? I never touted the new orlean saints. And i would never never say that brooks was better than manning. I actually bashed brooks and said that he was inferior to mcnair. Say what you will about the saints being terrible you won't get an arguemnt from me but remember they have won 2 more games than the titans the last 2 years and they had to deal with this tiny little distraction called hurricane katrina which ruined the city and stadium they play in!!!!

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Tide, I'm sorry but you have pathetically taken this interesting thread way beyond the context of McNair vs. Manning and into the realm of utter stupidity. Just read your arrogant, ranting posts...Why don't you use all that great statistical knowledge for something good instead of acting like some stark raving mad fan with an inferiority complex?

Kami said "end thread" I don't even know how many times...
    I laughed actually...because I thought to myself, "no, this is really getting good..." but gee whiz man...

Tide, I've always admired your stubbornness...I've always thought it was interesting that you have a statistical argument for everything...The only thing that you have really proven here is that it doesn't matter to you how you treat people...that and you are not satisfied if someone decides that they would rather agree to disagree...

I can't believe you insinuate that Gunny is not a real fan. :sad2:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah you keep thinking like that.

where have I said am not p***d off at the losing seasons? Who says I am happy with how the Titans are?

probably because you have love-fests with every other QB in the league who does a half decent job.

I have never even said McNair is better then Manning.

well sorry I don't look at statistics, I look at wins. And last time I checked McNair has more then Manning.

But for now I will look at statistics.

Stat 1 - Colts defense holds teams to 21 points.

Stat 2 - Manning can't seem to get to 21 points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar