Mcnair will return to his TITANS or................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

volek can be a good QB in this league, but not like a great qb. he will be a starter, but it won't be with us! my best bet would be with the jets, and that makes the most sense since he knows the dinger!

2. TM

TM Starter

McNair has a back condition that prevents him from practicing on a regular basis. He's is paid like an elite player but his QB rating is only about average. To give him a signing bonus that amoritizes money beyond 2006 carries a degree of risk. We could easily have a repeat of the EG situation where we have an overpaid superstar that if released would create a large cap hit of dead money. This situation is not as simple as just resigning #9 and Reese being an idiot if he doesn't.

3. danny

danny Guest

Parcells once said in New England that Kraft wanted him to cook the dinner but wouldn't let him shop for the groceries. McNair didn't blow up the team because of the cap and he didn't draft the talent (or lack thereof) around him.

My point here is that in making your statement, how many balls has McNair throw to his AVERAGE targets that were dropped ? How many touchdown passes and first downs have been dropped by McNair's AVERAGE targets just over the last three weeks ? That's McNair's fault ?

McNair has never been a QB that is rated on his "QB rating". It's the intangibles McNair brings to table that make McNair worth his money. Granted McNair is no young spring chicken and he's taken a beating. Partially because he's played behind a below AVERAGE line the past few years. Give McNair the right ammunition and he'll still fire the gun.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

how many balls has McNair thrown to those average targets that were way over their head, behind them, in the ground or way in front of them, or just not even close to them?

If McNair practiced with these avg. WR's then they would get to know each other..problem is he sits out all week while Volek takes the reps and throws to these avg. wr's

is that the wr's fault??

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

This is still McNair's team, much like Favre, until he wants to leave. IMO, there's a big difference in a RB (like the EG situation, which I still hate) and the franchise QB. Players like McNair, Favre, Manning, etc. don't come along every day, and plenty of so-called "can't miss" QB prospects don't pan out...not everyone is a Carson Palmer.

I'll take McNair and his occasional misfire over a new QB struggling through his first season anyday.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

It still does not make any sense to put an old vet QB in the game with a big contract, with all these young players. When these young dudes get into their prime, McNair leaves. Now we have to break in a new QB. It makes more sense to let these players grow together. All these young players are our future, McNair isn't. Let's bring in our future QB now instead of down the road.
    ________
    VERMONT MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

7. Nine

Nine Starter

Assuming, of course, that the guy they bring in is, in fact, our QBOF.

Or he could be another Ryan Leaf....Joey Harrington...Akili Smith...the list goes on.

We know for an absolute fact that McNair can play at a high level against top-level competition. He's done it for years. He did it just this past week. The same cannot be said of any of the QB prospects people are talking about....they could become Pro Bowlers, or they could flop miserably, and drag the entire team down with them.

Personally, I'll take McNair with a revamped O-line and receiving corps, and give a young QB a year or two to get acclimated.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hey, I'll gladly take the middle ground here. I think we should invest in a new QB this offseason, and still have Mcnair start at least the beginning of next season, if not the whole time, while the new guy learns and goes through the ropes, getting practice with the young WRs and TEs, so that in another year, the change would be easier.

9. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Reese is considered one of the best GM's in the NFL... and since his early days with the Oilers', he has shown that. As far as McNair... he'll return. Both McNair, His agent Bus Cook and the Titans' knew that a 50 million dollar roster bonus was never going to be paid and it was a tool to bring both sides back to the table.

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

The Jets' will go after Leinart in the draft. If for some reason they pull out a win or two thses last two (2) games... they'll consider trading their 1st rounder and Abraham to the Chargers' for their 1st rounder and Rivers. I don't have Abrahams numbers infront of me... RFA,UFA.. ect, but its a educated guess with some legs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar