McNair Would Love to Play With Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

No, I think you misunderstand me or intentionally take a totally seperate response to Gunny into the next context of your remark. For the sake of clarity I'll explain it to you my little COWpoke friend. :winker:

I'm hardly the most serious poster on the board.
    In fact, I'm Bipolar, King of Fools...
    I make alot of reaching jokes and strange remarks.
    I happen to be an American, like you Overalls.
    See, by saying "all of us?" to Gunny with the :brow: emoticon...
    note the question mark "?"
    I'm saying, you think I'm too serious? Surely, you jest...
    [​IMG]

"...and quit calling me Shirley!"

Now, onto your portion of my post...
    By the above I mean Young is taken by the Titan's at #3.
    I didn't say anything about the Texans taking Young.
    That could only help your fanbase.
    As for the impact on the Titans fanbase in Texas...
    It will be minimal...equal to that of Mannings in Tennessee, I suppose.
    (the impact, that is) This is given that the Texans win several division titles with Young, Young wins an MVP, playoff wins, 50 passing TD season, ect...
    If the Texans take Young it could only solidfy an already weak fanbase.
    j/k of course...

What I did say was in response to what you ACTUALLY said...
    "Young stays in me be happy."
    Young staying in would be good for the Texans. It would force the Titans into a weaker pick. We would have to settle. It is the opinion of pretty much everyone that Young is coming out anyway, so all this conjecture is really just moot...

What I can't seem to understand is why you take issue with the residents of your own state. People who live in Houston ought to just say screw the Titans and root for the Texans anyway. We both suck anyhow.

It's a fact that there are a whole lot more (3500 : 1) <--just a guess...
    Titan fans in Texas then there are Texan fans in Tennessee...

It's not like Vandy won the National Championship
    and Cutler went to Houston in the first...

Just think of that football hungry, NFL/less Southern California region...
    Bush? Think of all the Cali-come-latelys your home board will have...
    They will have screen names like LA TEXAN, bush'DAafterShook, and names like that.

I don't expect any of this to make sense to you.
    It's late. If you promise to quit trying to trip me up we can talk about the playoff or something in my "Space Cowboys" thread.

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

That's a long reply

What comes after 9

3. Bipolar

I mostly like and enjoy your posts,but come on,That is a fillabuster if I have ever heard one.Shorten it up,Overalls is like arguing with a 11 year old,so no need to enlighten us on his shortcommings.His shortcommings are in his little fingers when he is at the urinal.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Amazing.
    I admit to not having seen the Longhorns champ game, but how is it that everyone spends all friggin season talkin 'bout Leinart, and suddenly he's trash and Vince Young is the one to draft over ONE game????

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Get some footage of that game, avvie. You'll see what all the fuss is about.

You know the stats - 30/40 (75%) 0/0, 3 rushing TDs 267 yards passing, 200 yards rushing. Among other things 4th and 5, :19 on the clock, 3rd rushing TD. Game over.

Seriously, watch that game if you can.

6. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I guess your point is that you like looking at 11 year olds when they are standing at urinals! I'm glad you are in that toxic waste dump called New Jersey. He's one of yours BiPolar.

My point was that it should not matter where a player comes from. If the player can play, I don't care if he is from Nigeria. There may be some upswing in bandwagon jumpers, but they will go back to their "Normal" teams when ever the newness wears off.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Overalls,
    Most people in my town will take Georgia Bulldogs, Tennessee Vols, or Alabama Crimson Tide over any pro team. And by most I mean a simple majority. Keep in mind Tennessee hasn't had a pro football team until as of late. Take that for face value, but in Chattanooga, alot of Colt fans were "born" on Draft Day, 1998.

Your State on the other hand has had the Cowboys and the Oilers since it all began basically. AFL/NFL...Texas has had it covered...since the merger you had one in both conferences...So I guess most Texans are used to the idea of watching pro football... So used to it that they took it for granted, as was the case with the Oilers.

People in Atlanta used to say, "GO FALCONS! and take the Braves with you."
    They don't say that anymore but surley you must see what I'm saying Shirley. :winker:

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

haha well here you go folks....

Attached Files:

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think the obvious point here is that the Texan fans truly believe they will be picking #1 again as the worst team in the NFL and if Young stays in they can grab him with that pick.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

BURN!!! :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar