McNair's Contract Future Uncertain

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I think the lack of a CBA extension also decreases the limit, as it as each of the last several years, how many years over which new guaranteed/bonus money can be prorated.

It went from 7 to 6 to 5 over the last three years, I believe. I heard Mark Howard say (but haven't confirmed through reading the CBA) that in '06, that would shrink again to 4 years.

All of which complicates the options available to renegotiate contracts where new bonus money is involved.
  2. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

Which "new QB" would that be? :suspect:
  3. jdee

jdee Guest

I hope we can get something worked out with McNair. I think it would be good for him to stay, he's been under Chow's system for a year, and if he left he'd have to start over again with another coordinator. As for another QB, I'd like to see us draft a QB in the first 4 rounds next year, or go get a good young QB from another team. Phillip Rivers of San Diego will be available. Kyle Orton or Rex Grossman won't both be in Chicago next year.

JDee
  4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I'd like to keep hime too. He looked pretty good today. It was kind of like they were getting into the groove a little. It could only be better next year.
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

jdee..

Kyle Orton or Rex Grossman won't both be in Chicago next year.
    --------------------------------------

That's not true at all. Grossman will be entering his 4th season next year and will be the starter for a long time. Orton a rookie this year was a 4th rd pick and doesn't make huge money. Why would the bears draft a guy like orton and let him go the very next season? There is no reason at all for either of those guys to not be there.
  6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yes, Orton will be a Bear for awhile. At least until Grossman shows he can stay healthy for a season.
  7. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

d

hey jeff, take this as a very good compliment...The pick on your handle bears a striking resemblance to einstein that I never noted until you placed them side by side. 
  8. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

and btw, why did my keyboard start typing like this all of a sudden?!
  9. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

sheesh, whats up with your typing?
  10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.