McShay's Mock has us taking P. Amukamara

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

haden started for the browns for over half the year if im not mistaken....and they were pretty good in defense compared to previous years

2. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

mcshay is a joke. his next mock will be out in a week or so and it will probably be changed. I would be disappointed taking Prince at 8. Way to many holes, that would would be like a luxury pick for us. The Titans aren't so fortunate as to get to have a luxury pick. The corners on the Titans aren't the best but with some sound pressure they could excel.

Robert Quinn is a beast if Miller is gone. Either one of those would suffice. Or maybe they could trade it and pick up another second or something. there is a lot of holes to fill.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Before we see what we do in free agency this year all we are doing is pissing in the wind when it comes to talking about the draft.

IMO our biggest needs are (in this order): QB, DT, S, OLB, CB, OG/C, DE

People need to stop worrying about how well someone fits on our team and worry more about how we can add talent t our defense. No single player is going to "fix" our D so we need to just add the best player availbe on the defensive side and not worry about where he plays.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Didn't we have 40 sacks this year? Tied for 8th in the league with the Jets. And didn't we use our top pick last year on a pass rusher, a DE in Morgan? So just keep drafting DE's?

And i don't get how a hybrid OLB-DE is going to automatically help us. Take Babin, Ball, Morgan whomever off the field so some guy like Miller can rush the passer to justify drafting him?

Yes we need players but none of the players mentioned do that much to help us.

The biggest improvement in our pass defense would be to have a coordinator who is worth a damn. We didn't play well together at all.

I don't mind a shut down CB but i'm not sure Prince is that guy.

What is so great about Aldon smith? He only had 2 more sacks than Martez Wilson last year and Wilson is a MLB. In our defense he would likely just be another DE.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Most of the players people are talking about are over rated in my opinion. The 3 best defensive players in this draft are Peterson, Bowers and Fairley and we won't touch them.

A safety with ball skills who can actually cover somebody and make some plays would have more impact on our defense than just another De or CB.

6. Finnebosch

^^ Babin, Ball, and Ford are all free agents and Morgan is coming off a torn ACL. I would say DE qualifies as a need for our team

7. Finnebosch

I think a DT like Phil Taylor would impact our defense more then anything. A big 337lb guy that can collapse the pocket and prevent QB's from stepping up one us would really be a godsend for us.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i think miller will be like a younger version of terrell suggs who can stand up and play end in a hybrid type system....dont know how well it will work now that you bring it up...

this has ahmad black, safety from clemson possibly and the safety from unc...i cant recall the other 2's names though possibly mcdaniels and williams??

HELL NO---phil taylor is a nose tackle in a 3-4 system not a dt in a 4-3

i think people are tired of having to have no names rotate and want a player like mario williams who can change the game for us and we have obviously yet to see if morgan has that but i think what people are imagining is that we have 2 stud d-ends like the colts but the only difference is that ours can help in the run game also as the colts de are more of a speed rush for sacks....babin: cough cough

9. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Here's the problem we may run into though guys..all the top front line players may very well be gone by the time we pick. Which is why I say trading down MAY benefit us this year. Although no player is ever a "guarantee" you want to get as close to that as possible when your picking #8. If theres not a guy worthy of being picked that high left on the board then we should trade out of that pick..and possibly acquire more draft picks. The LAST thing I want the Titans to do is reach for a guy..or draft 2nd round/3rd round talent that high in the draft

Its very possible guys like Dareaus, Quinn, Bowers, Miller will be gone. The only offensive player I see being taken before us will be AJ Green. So it'll mostly be defense being taken. I personally wouldn't be mad if we drafted Prince..but i've always been weary of taking a CB that high. Just my thoughts

10. Finnebosch

Phil Taylor was impressive during the senior bowl practice and made plays during the senior bowl. They were playing in a 4-3 defense during the senior bowl. It also wouldn't hurt us to bring a 3-4 style NT into our 4-3 scheme. A NT's job is to: a) take a double team from the center/guard b) disrupt the running game c) prevent the QB from stepping into the pocket. Those three things were the three major issues facing our defensive line this season. Jones and Brown are good pass rushers but neither can hold the point of attack against the run or disrupt the pocket.

You bring a guy like Taylor in and you can bounce Jones over to DE. A line consisting of Morgan/Taylor/Brown/Jones would be able to stop the run whilst being effective against the pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar