meachem out of shape

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It would be stupid to get yourself overweight BEFORE you sign that first contract.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Really stupid...

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

It's stupid but he will learn but if he does this next year then you can bring out the fat jokes like LW is getting and deserves for being overweight last year and this year once he is given the starting job.

But so far Meachem was in-shape while on college just ballooned up a bit because of an injury an I guess lot's of big meals. He did it once and I'm sure he learned his lesson.

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

if he comes in overweight in July, start worrying. but if i were a Saints fan, I wouldn't be the least bit worried right now.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

UT Homers! Unite!

[​IMG]

of course you're not worried, you were ready to have this guy's baby before the draft.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm sticking up for him but I'm not a Vols fan I just think he's a good reciever and will get his weight down and be a good WR.

I'm actually a Penn State.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Meachem is way overraited for 1 good season of work, i think he shoulda stayed in college, i doubt he will even start come regular season, maybe the
    4th reciever...

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

What's-his-name in NO is supposed to be a strict coach. Other guys have felt his wrath, including Colston last year (who was overweight too....but he turned out ok). I'm not saying this is a smart thing to do, but it's not a big deal imo (just like LW being somewhat overweight now).

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

he was a first round pick, why should he turn down all that money?

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the 27th pick in the 2006 draft got 17.5 million total, including guaranteed money.

let's say had meachm stayed in school he would have gone where ted ginn went, at 9. the 9th pick in 2006 got 12 million in guarantees alone. then take into account that every year draft picks get more money, so yeah, he should have stayed in school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar