Media Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

good job. One example that MIGHT be close. He also spent time in JUCO and never got in trouble at Auburn. Wins to on the other had was covered for by Florida St, instead of being kicked off the team. And so Winston continues to do stupid things like any other brat would because he is too good to be kicked off the team! Yep can't wait for that mentality to come here!
    the other side is Cam a franchise QB? They got into the playoff with a losing record. The beat the Cardinals with a 3rd sting QB. Now, Cam is a tremendous talent and like as a person as well. However, in our division with Luck and the Texans being a QB away from being a great team, we will never be close to the playoffs with a losing record. If Carolina was in our division they would not either and this, Cam would not be considered a franchise QB.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Lol. Really? 20 months of coverage vs maybe a week?

You have sports writers(actual journalists) on Twitter saying "Go BC. Beat the rapist."

No difference?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Just like the Winston autographs.

4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

twitter is your source? Nice.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

You said to name one person who had gotten into trouble over and over who was successful in the NFL and I did. You can split hairs about how the situations are different all day. You don't think the media overhyped and ran with the stories about Jameis like you say they did with Cam? At least Jameis wasn't kicked off his team. $30 worth of crab legs hardly compares to stealing a computer. But continue with your Jameis hate if you want to. There's a chance he's on our team next year so all of you Jameis haters need to at least get used to the idea.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

I wasn't talking of just this year. The Panthers were 12-4 last year. We haven't sniffed that kind of record since '08.

7. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

1 winning season in 4 years, nice can't wait.

8. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Newton as a starter 64 games 31-32
    vy as a starter 51 games 31-20

good example!

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

Jameis Winston - 27-1.

Why don't you poll the rest of the board and see if they’d rather have VY or Cam as their QB. I think we both know how that would turn out.

So by this same argument all of the QBs who have ever had any sort of off the field issues fall into one category, will never be successful and there is no hope for them to mature and turn into good players. As if every player that has ever gotten into trouble is going to automatically fail because of off the field trouble.

Even with their off the field trouble I would take Cam Newton over our QB situation the past few years. I’d take Ben Roethlisberger even with his suspension. Straying away from the QB position, I would have taken Vontaez Burfict (who led the league in tackles last year but wasn’t even drafted because of “off the field” issues) and Randy Moss when he came out. Moss was kicked off of two teams in college.

We haven’t had a franchise QB since McNair. If it takes drafting a guy with some issues off the field, that needs a little maturing to get our guy, then let’s do it. Don’t forget, we drafted Jake Locker a few years ago who was the complete opposite of all of these guys. He never had any off the field trouble, was a high character guy, and a great worker and leader. How did that turn out? It goes both ways. When you draft character over ability you get the Jake Locker’s of the world.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Thank you. I absolutely agree. End of discussion if you ask me. Impossible to argue that.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar