Media Player problems for home recording

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've got a little home audio recording program called Reaper that I use to record some crap I make up. Works ok (other than some latency issues if anyone knows what that is), but when I convert a song to MP3 and play it through Windows Media Player, I get some kinda wacky compression like effect going on. Compression as in volume just randomly going up or down (like compression done badly).

Thing is I can play the same MP3 through Musicmatch Jukebox and it sounds fine. Seems like something with Media Player, maybe a setting I need to change or something? Or maybe media player sucks? :lol: Musicmatch won't sync to my phone, so that's the reason I need Media Player to work right.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Try converting a copy of the file to .wma and see if the compression is still there.

3. avvie

P.s. : I understand that Reaper is the shizznizzle now?

AND...it's created by the guy who created Winamp ;)

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Doesn't look like .wma is a conversion option that I see.

I have an older version of Reaper. It's not as user freindly to me as my old *** Cakewalk program (that I don't have anymore). Also there's the latency issues, but it may be hardware related....I'm not very knowledgable on home recording or recording in general.

Oh yeah, I can't seem to find the seal. Is there a bigger pic?

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Also someone mentioned my audio codec may suck, and maybe I should try Asio. I dl'd Asio, but I don't know how what to do with it :duh:

6. avvie

'Fraid I can't help with that, but maybe my peeps at the Other Place can...
    check your PMs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar