Media; Why are the Titans 4-0? Jeff Fisher of course...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hoffa, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It isn't the only determining factor, you are correct. However, it does hold a lot of weight, especially with the players we've had and the relative success of two other teams in our division.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

"Great" is getting thrown around way to easy, that's all I'm saying.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Two teams?

Indianapolis sure, but Jacksonville? They haven't really amounted too much in their history.

4. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

Are you saying the Jags are successful? I disagree. Last year they made a somewhat decent playoff run, but Fisher has had longer and better playoff runs before our salary issue. Hes only now got the team playing to a playoff calibar level again. We'll go further into the playoffs then the Jags this year. I hope anyways.

Speaking on coaches, Fisher is three times the coach of Del Rio.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I assume you are talking about Volek? How has he faired since leaving. If he was good enough to start ANYWHERE he would be starting. Instead he is sitting as a #3. This was the great QB you wanted to start for us?

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The Jags have had FT and Smith since there inception. Have gone through a few coaches and lost to us in what was the climax of there histroy not once not twice but three times including the AFC Championship game. Not to mention that they have been so badly coached that they have a historic losing record vs every team in division.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Most of us thought the Jags were overrated going into the season.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

7 winning seasons in the same span of time we have had 5.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The bottom line is that fisher is a good coach because when he has the horses he wins and that is mainly what we look for out of our coach.

We will never win primarily because of him. Anybody that wants to give him the lions share of credit is wrong because when he didn't have the horses we were 8-8 or worse.

In 96 and 98 we had enough players to maybe make a wild card spot but ended up 8-8 instead. In 2004 we started out the year 3-5 before the injury bug reached devastating levels losing to the lowly 5-11 bears. I don't think anyone would give him high marks for that 2005 season and early in 06 was a major disaster.

But really who cares if a coach can take 6-10 talent and squeeze an extra win or 2 out of them. the bottom line is that when the talent is there we win and contend and we have done that. But never give fisher the most credit.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

He was good enough to start for us, and he had played pretty darn well as a Titan. I would take Billy Volek over Kerry Collins signed one week prior to the season opener any day. You are making an absurd argument. I never said he was great, but to ditch your starter one week before the opener for a guy with no knowledge of the system and no training camp is rediculous. This is the same guy that has babysat Pacman and VY?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar