Meet the Titans TODAY (Friday, 10/3)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CFTitansFan31, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello! So sorry this is so last minute, my account just got validated. I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this, I just thought a lot of fans in the Nashville area would like to know about it.

Select Titans players, their wives and cheerleaders will be signing autographs in certain stores in Hill Center (Green Hills-around Whole Foods) TODAY from 5-6:30 p.m.

Please read the press release below for specifics.

Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a lovely day!

GO TITANS!!!

Titans Players and Wives to Host “Shop ‘til it Stops,” an Evening of Domestic
    Violence Awareness and Shopping on October 3rd

The YWCA of Nashville & Middle Tennessee is teaming up with Tennessee Titans players and wives for a special event to raise awareness about domestic violence. This free and unique event will take place on Friday, Oct. 3 from 5-6:30 p.m. at the Hill Center in Green Hills (4017 Hillsboro Pike, Nashville).

Titans players and wives scheduled to participate include Ken and Sandi Amato, Rob Bironas, Keith Bulluck, Kerry and Brook Collins, Ryan and Stacy Fowler, Cortland Finnegan, Vincent Fuller, Leroy and Christina Harris, Daniel and Jennifer Loper, Michael and Kat Roos, Josh Stamer, Paul and Kenyeih Williams and Titans alums Eddie and Taj George, Kevin and Andi Long, Benji and Tracy Olson.

Each participating store will have a Tennessee Titans player (and their spouse) signing autographs and visiting with patrons as well as passing out domestic violence awareness materials. In addition, fans can get autographs and visit with Tennessee Titans cheerleaders. The event is FREE and open to the public with proceeds from participating stores to benefit the YWCA Weaver Domestic Violence Shelter, a 52 bed facility for women and children.

“The YWCA of Nashville is a wonderful organization that helps women and their children in time of need,” said Tracy Olson, wife of recently retired Benji Olson. “I was very fortunate to meet some of these women and families last Christmas and it truly touched my heart. I knew immediately that this was the place for me to be and where our help would be most needed. Domestic violence does not discriminate; it affects any race, age or income level. So we’re asking fans to come out to our event to help stop the violence.”

Participating Hill Center stores include: Monkee’s, Popo Cool Kids Stuff, H. Audrey, yn(wine), Jake’s House, Hemline, Merrell, E.J. Sain Jewelry, Jigsaw London, Johnson + Murphy, The Cosmetic Market, J. McLaughlin, Swoozies and Pei Wei Asian Diner.

“I got involved in supporting domestic violence because of my college sorority’s philanthropic efforts and I’ve continued to support it,” said Jennifer Loper, wife of Daniel Loper. “The part that keeps me going and wanting to make more and more people aware of the problem is when I talk with someone who has been a victim before but is a survivor today.”

The YWCA Weaver Domestic Violence Shelter is a 52 bed facility which includes counseling for women and children, case management and support groups as well as a confidential 24-hour Crisis Line for victims of abuse and their friends or family members. The YWCA helps families leave abusive households and start new lives. We provide free GED preparation to men as well as women and mentor middle school girls in some of Nashville’s toughest neighborhoods. The YWCA exists to educate, encourage and break down those barriers that perpetuate racism, violence and hopelessness.

For more information on the YWCA, visit www.ywcanashville.com or call the 24 hour crisis hotline at (615) 242-1199.

NOTE: Titans players to be added/subject to change without notice.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

For the record, I am always happy to post Titans-related charity event information. If someone has some info they wish for us to post, please email it to me. We welcome you to join as well but the delay in becoming confirmed may take a little while as it did in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar