Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Megatron or All Day?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 23, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $215
    No, I would say that is definitely part of the reason these guys are setting records. It was the same with CJ though. We went into the last game of the year with only 1 goal in mind ... getting CJ to 2000
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,958
    Made it on my phone, don't know how to do a poll on a phone
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,958
    Vikings are in the playoff race, and theyd be dumb to pass more, AP averages more yards per carry than the QB per pass LOL. Thats crazy.

As for Calvin Johnsons stats, his are inflated a lot. He's the primary target (not a bad thing) but Detroit does nothing but throw, if they could run they would and his numbers would be lower.
  4. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,280
    Good point. But even so, I think there's very little doubt AP and Megatron are and have been the best running back and receiver since they've entered their prime.
  5. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $215
    Minnesota got the win over houston, but AP was held to 85 yards. That puts him about 102 from 2000 and about 205 from the record ... does anyone still think he will break the record?

I don't. I said earlier that I thought he would need 150 against the Texans to get there. He didn't so I think he doesn't get it.

Now the next question is, do you think he gets to 2000yds? This is a lot easier since he just needs barely over 100, but if you are Greenbay (his next oponent) do you sell out to stop the run? Peterson crushed GB last time he ran against them, so I would think GB would really like to shut him down and keep him short of the record/2000 yards.

Depending on what happens tonight the Packers might have everything locked up that they can get with no reason to play starters, but in that case it might make GB focus even more on stopping the run. Since the win/loss won't matter, then you might as well sell out to stop AP.
  6. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $84
    You don't risk getting someone like Raji getting injured over a record if the game does not matter. That being said, I still do not think he gets the record.
  7. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,958
    He's broken 200 twice this month, don't count him out.
  8. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    i dont think Peterson will even get to 2,000 unless the Vikings force feed him (CJ had that luxary). But with a playoff spot on the line, I don't see that happening.
    Titan43 high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,393
    Megatron, less mileage besides he doesn't seem to drop anything.
  9. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $215
    Well Calvin Johnson didn't get to 2000 ... Do you think that AP will get there? Will he get the record??

I personally don't think he gets the record. 2000 is very possible, but I don't think he quite makes it ... it will be very close though