MEMBER OF THE WEEK 10-15: Carpy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:ha: doesn't everything..

Whats you're favorite "Arnott's" buscuit?

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That's a no-brainer. Tim Tams.

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Since being in the U.S what was the craziest/weirdest weather you've experienced so far?

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Do you like to read fiction?

If so name 5 of your favorite reads.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'm familiar with the old saying "when in Rome do as the Romans do", but how can you spell favourite without the U. It just looks wrong. And as a Brit couldn't you lose your passport for such a deliberate desecration of the Queen's English?

"We are not amused."
    [​IMG]

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's a complete mind bender.

I got sick of seeing the red line under my 'correct' words & adapted to avoid this. Every word that has ise in it is ize in the US. It's not just the u in words like color. It's a whole different language my good man.

7. Carpy

It's been pretty tame since I arrived. Summer was pretty similar to Brisbane's sumer, just not as long.

I was visiting here for a week back in January when an Ice Storm rolled into St Louis. That was pretty cool.

We have no idea how cold it's going to get in Winter. In Brisbane, our coldest winter day would have a minimum temperature of around 45 and a maximum of around 65.

And just to be incredibly stupid, we are spending Xmas on the north shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. Brrrrrr.

8. Carpy

I generally only read crime fiction. Other than sports magazines, my reading is essentially limited to Crime fiction and True crime stories.

In crime fiction, no-one is close to being as good as Harlan Coben. His book Tell No One is probably my favourite book of all time. The entire Myron Bolitar series is fantastic as well.

Outside of Coben, I read Michael Connelly, Lee Child, and occasionally Elizabeth George. I'll read Grisham if I'm desperate but I'm not a huge fan (I did like his non-fiction book last year).

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nice choices. Just bought the other half Coben's 1st 3 books.

We're both fans of Harry Bosch.

I find Grisham books fizzle out at the endings. You might like Jeffrey Deaver.

10. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Um. You better go buy some warm clothes. lol

Im not really sure how cold it gets in St.Louis but here in Erie it will get below 0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar