MEMBER OF THE WEEK 11-19: Childress

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

LMAO. Pudding is a northern term,like a local dialect & Black puddings originate here in the north. They're quite heavy going so we eat them with salad & mustard. Truckers are notorious for having them as part of a cholesterol busting fried breakfast with bacon ,eggs & beans. Nasty unless you have a hangover. OK still nasty.

Dunkin Donuts without a doubt.

Also last time I was in the States in Houston,in KFC you could choose whether you wanted your chicken with or without the skin. I thought that was a great idea. In the UK they only serve it with the skin on.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

James Blunt.....wtf keeps buying that crap.

Tate Donovan......why Sandra Bullock why?

Al Pacino.....when did he forget how to act,he just rolls out the same loud persona in every movie he is. Stfu already Al.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Roddy McDowall(Plant of the Apes)

Stood next to him as we waited to board a plane in 93. American Airlines messed up & 1st class ended up queuing with the rest of us grunts. He looked scared stiff & painfully fragile,we just said hello & I left it at that. I try not to be a dick around celebrities. I later found out he was dieing from lung cancer.

Rob Reiner at a baggage conveyor in O'Hare. He asked me to grab a bag for him, I recognized him & just said hey how you doing. As we're waiting for more bags some dweeb bellows out oh my god your Rob Reiner & started critiquing his films.

Reiner smiled at me & rolled his eyes. He was cool with the dweeb.

Gordon Ramsey his tv persona is an act.I've no doubt he's a tyrant in the kitchen but I met him at a boxing match. He sat where we could see him & he was pestered all night. He never stopped smiling or turned anyone away.

Princess Diana & the F1 drivers.

At the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in 92.

My buddy & I had gone to the grand prix for a number of consecutive years & had a routine all mapped out.We knew the best place to stand on the inner side of the circuit & always left it to the last minute to go & watch the race.

We were on a mission to get as close to the pits as we could to try & meet Nigel Mansell. In previous years we always got turned away but we set out to do it early in the day this year. Anyway we just keep walking. Sometimes security made us wait at a gate but they eventually lets us through.

Before we knew it we were at the back of the pits leaning against a fence between two security gates. As it got closer to race time we hadn't seen any of the driver but plenty of British celebs who were all very friendly & said hi.

We knew we had the best shot we ever had of meeting the drivers so we decided to stay put until the race actually started. We 'd miss a few laps but so what. It paid of big time. We got to meet every driver except for Mansell & Senna. Schumacher was by far the friendliest of the bunch.

So we're stood there happy as pigs in you know what just hanging on in the hope of meeting our hero. The inner security gate to the pits opens & this long wheel base Range Rover parks in front of of us with the rear windows down.

A guy gets out of the front passenger seat & goes to open the gate. In the back of the Range Rover is a blonde wearing sunglasses & two rugrats,we are close enough reach into window if we wanted to. The lady smiled & asked us if we were enjoying our day. We said yes & asked her the same.

She was totally relaxed & familiar,as the car drove off she wished us well. My buddy & I both looked at each other asked what was all that about? We had no clue.

We went to watch the race which Mansell won. On last few laps a course announcement was made asking people not to invade the track until al the cars had crossed the finish line. This started a buzz amongst the crowd that we were allowed to invade the track.

As soon as Mansell crossed the line we were up & running & on the track. I actually had to dive out the way to avoid being run over by my hero. Mansell made it about half way around the track before crazed fans pulled him from his car.

When we got home at night it was all over the news about the crazed fans at the Grand Prix & that Diana,William & Harry had been given a vip tour of the pits. It was only then that it dawned on me who we'd been talking to in the Range Rover.

That's one of the top 5 best days of my life.

George Clooney

94' Warner Bros Studio Tour in Burbank. I'd recommend this tour to anyone. You have to book in advance & they only have about 20 people on the tour each time. Unlike the Universal tourist tour it's the real working studio with any number of tv shows & movies being filmed at the time. Lots of cool sets that have been in countless famous movies & you can literally bump into anyone.

So, we're being driven around in a very long wheelbase golf cart when our driver spots this guy in doctors greens having a coffee & a cigarette. She tell us that that's George Clooney & he's in a new show you may have heard of called ER. I think 4 episodes had aired at the time. She says to wait in the cart & she'll see if he's willing to come over & say high.

Most of the other people on the tour are middle aged American women who go batchit for this guy & again my buddy & I the same one from the Princess Diana story have no clue who he is.

He went to everyone in the cart,shook hands & kissed the ladies. He generally asked each where they were from & if the were enjoying their vacation.He obviously encouraged us all to watch the show. As my buddy & I were from England we were the most interesting to talk to & he spent more time with us.

Though we had no idea who he was he made a lasting impression on both of us.He was incredibly nice when he had no need to be. Though I never got into ER ,based on that meeting I've always made it a point to watch all of his movies & support his work. The guy oozes class & his using his fame to draw attention to what's going on in Darfur & other areas is rare & admirable.

I just can't help liking the guy.

Oh yeah I forgot,for my other's half's birthday I took her to see Patrick Swayze in Guys & Dolls at a theatre in London. After the show we waited outside & we got to meet him & get an autograph.

That's it,there are a few more but they aren't known outside the UK.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

How is the weather today?

Figured I had to make an appearance ....

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

thats only in London..

Favourite Walkers Brand? mine is 'Prawn', and 'Cheese and Onion'.
    I'm not so much a fan of the 'sensations'. Except for the Thai hot chili maybe.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Cold, wet & windy. Oh you meant the weather?

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sorry man I don't like them. I prefer Kettle Chips.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Sheppards pie?

Now it seems like it would be good but I have never found it to be .. your thoughts?

9. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

I know its in london...but i figured perhaps we had a matching pair :)

And i really wish we had some of the flavors redily available in Indiana. I miss Ketchup (they are here in the states i know, but not my state) and i miss the Lamb and mint........ ooooo and yorkshire puddins (not a chip but i miss them) and they had these tarts in Bristol i would buy every morning for 3p. Sorry i miss the food :(

Who would win in a fight Thundercats or Transformers

10. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Do you think blazzing arrow would stand a chance in a fight against pitbull?

Do you think that BIP was dropped on his head as a child or ate paint chips?

If you got to choose a car for your worst enemy to drive for the rest of his life which would you choose?

If you were stuck in your bday suit in someones flat and had absolutely no choice in clothing but two dresses a) a hot miniskirt b) an ugly old granny long skirt which would you choose to wear?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar