Member of the Week: Avvie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

32 bucks.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

which island do you live on?

Which is your favorite and why?

3. avvie

I live on Maui in a town called Kihei ('the cape'). It's my fave island by far, though the others are nice to visit for a change once in a while.
    The Big Island is cool because of the staggeringly immense size of the lava fields, and if you drive across it on a new moon night, it is absolutely pitch black. I had never known that I was afraid of the dark until then.
    Lana'i City on the island of Lana'i is up in the clouds, is very cool (temperature-wise...bring a jacket), and is covered over in gigantic Norfolk and Cook pine trees. Being there is like taking a little mini-vacation to the Virginia highlands.
    The island of Oahu is great to visit for big city civilization, and of course Pearl Harbor. Lemme tell you: going to the USS Arizona memorial will mess you up. When you peer over the edge at the ship under the water, you hear the screams of soldiers trapped by fire in your head. I've never had that happen at any memorial before.

Maui has just enough commerce to keep life entertaining and busy, but is still at it's heart a rural island with a history of sugar and pineapple farming and cattle ranching....the first cattle ranching in the US. It's named after the demigod who fished the islands out of the ocean, and that's cooler than the other islands. I have not been to Moloka'i (leper colony), Kaua'i (home of Lilo and Stitch), or Kaho'olawe (a dead island, destroyed by the US military).

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I have been to Maui ... stayed at the Hyatt I think. It was some huge hotel with birds in the main lobby. It was about 5 years ago. I loved it. Played golf at Kapalua ... was an awesome day. At times it was raining and still around 80 degrees outside.

Went on some kayak trip that started in one of the main scenic views of Jurassic park .. passed by one of the Indiana Jones shots …. some great hiking. It was a total blast.

It was an event for PacBell so got to see the Cirque De Soiled.

I got trashed at some bar with a live band down the street from my hotel. I think there are what two bars so maybe you were playing :grrhee:

I ended up at another hotel with no way to get home because the taxis stop at 12 or something like that.

Saw CCR play at a concert hall that had art museum with local artist on display.

Have to say it was one of the most enjoyable vacations I have ever had.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Anything you used to eat as a child that you still love, yet it still seems like a kiddie treat or meal? I ask because I'm eating Spaghettios right now :lol:

6. avvie

Glad you enjoyed your stay, Blaze. E komo mai!

Yes...the meal I'm making today :) Cream of mushroom/pimiento-baked chicken with mashed potatoes and peas all mixed up in a mess. Though that may not seem like a kiddie meal (like Spaghettios...blech!), it is to me because it's the only meal I remember enjoying as a kid; and I have since learned that I hate peas, but I still prepare them with this meal. Nothing else works.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That sounds good avvie. I loves me some chicken, just never had that style.

No love for skettios? Chef Boyardee (sp) keep me alive as a kid.

8. avvie

Easy:

Mix diced pimientos (2 to 4 ounces worth, according to taste) with 2 10 oz. cans of cream of mushroom soup. If adventurous, mix some garlic in also.
    Spoon over chicken parts in a glass casserole dish. Sprinkle liberally with paprika.
    Bake at 350+ degrees. Soup makes a gravy for the taters.

You MUST use the pimientos...don't know why, but it totally sucks without them.

9. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Japan actually (don't know why i have that bit of information dancing in my brain but i did find it to be odd and interesting)

and you avoided the question... means you had a run in with Flaming Arrow :)

*how do you feel about your chances against the colts?

*are you left or right handed?

*do you have any freakish tallents?

*can you catch a bullet with your teeth?

*who would win in a fight Rob Zombie or Miss Piggie?

*A man walks up to you with a ticket to an alaskan cruise. The catch is you will have to share the room with his beautiful 23 year old nymphomaniac daughter without touching her (or you die). Do you take the ticket?

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sounds yummy. I think I'll show that recipe to my grandma and uncle (both good cooks).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar