Member of the Week: Avvie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Does sapper ask the best questions ever or what?

Which book would you like to see made into a movie?

Who would you pick as director,main cast?

Favourite can of Stagg chili?

You are shipwrecked alone on a desert island but can choose 7 luxury items,what would you choose? The point being that you can't have a luxury item to help you escape,think more like what would keep you sane.

Can men & hot women just be friends?

Why do you keep checking the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

What's your most expensive purchase other than a house or a car?

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Have you ever woken up next to a chick & honestly not remembered how you got there,thought wtf & made a sharp exit?

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Nice Walken story! :ha:

Any AFC contender net led by a Brady or a Manning :))

Yes. And it's spectacular.

I'm so patriotic that Captain America couldn't carry my jock (assuming I wore one)! Not only do I know the lyrics, but I have them tattooed on my forehead.

Okay, now you're just falling off your game. I hang out with these guys on a regular basis: humuhumunukunukuapua'a, which-roughly translated- means "builds nests from junk and has a nose like a pig". They were cool to finally see in real life, but so far the coolest has been catching octopus. They are so brilliant at hiding and camoflage that I probably look over dozens in a reef trip.

3. avvie

Oh, and one more thing about the humu: If you put one in your aquarium, it will rearrange the contents of the tank to it's own liking. Unlike most native Hawaiians, they have a knack for interior design.

4. avvie

They don't suck.

Atlas Shrugged. This seems to be a very daunting task.
    Director; James Cameron
    John Galt: Victor Garber
    Dagny Taggart: (undecided)
    Henry Reardon: Eric Braedon
    Francisco D'Anconia: Antonio Banderas (of course)
    Ragnar Dannerskjold: Billy Zane

Open

6-string guitar; 12-string guitar, bass guitar, piano, drum kit, party doll and plenty o' lube. :))
    Sometimes there's no choice :irked:

I have golfish-ism: incredibly short memory.
    "Wow! It's a castle:......Cool! There's a little castle!....Well, I'll be damn! There's a little castle!...."
    A permanent vacation to Hawaii :suspect:
    No. The word on the street is that they're invisible.
    No; but once I woke up in that scanario and DID remember...then I chewed off my left arm to escape.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did she resemble that dinosaur in your signature?

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Quick memo....chicks don't have tails,if you find one,then you've been making out with the wrong chromosomes. :))

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well men can't chew off their arms either. So what REALLY happened.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We can but only below the elbow.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Aloha Avvie! I'm jumping in late, so let me make up for lost time...

Do you still own a turntable?

What was the last LP you bought?

Favourite time of day?

Do you still believe in Rand's objectivist ethics?

How annoying is people's generally dismissive view on Ayn and her philosophy? (i can't even get anyone to speak with me civilly about her @ randi.org)

When you think "Canada" you picture...

Can you name a Canadian Prime Minister without looking elsewhere for the answer?

What did I have for din?

What work of art (film, music, novel etc) had the most influence on who you are as a person?

Did you have a "hero" growing up? If so, who and why?

Your favourite material possession?

Favourite part of the female form?

Are you a believer?

Top ten things you refuse to eat.

What's your biggest personality flaw?

Have you come to grips with the fact that some females, despite being of legal age, are still waaaaaaaaaaaay too young for you?

Give us your best fishing story.

10. avvie

Aloha and mahalo for responding, TB!
    No, I don't...which bums me out, because right after dissolving my LP collection, the USB turntable was introduced for digital archiving :irked:.

I'm not sure. I used to buy in slews from the collector shops. Probably a Frank Zappa.

You're killin' my spellchecker! :ha:
    Nowadays, it's around 8:00-11:00 am. Good time for a beach town, and great time for snorkeling.

For the most part. I can't quite dig her atheist mantra, but I don't believe in the use of force to achieve any political or socio-economic gain.

It's as annoying as evangelical religious zealots, because I'm certain that neither group has actually read or comprehends the text.

The Tragically Hip in the middle of a huge field of amber waves near a single, gigantic tree.

The last one I remember ever hearing of was somebody named Trudeau, and that's only because it's also my fave cartoonist.

Lots of cacophonous noise.

Seriously, you have to ask? You cut/pasted this form, didn't you?

Keith Moon (deceased) and Neil Peart (living).
    I always loved music, but didn't recognize any of the instrumentation until hearing Moon on "Underture" from Tommy. I listened with 'phones every night and it inspired me to take up drums. Unfortunately, I tried sounding like him right off the bat, which was.....impractical. It did, however, inspire my nickname: Alvin Avalanche, which became just Avalanche, and then Avvie.
    My customized 1985 Yamaha BB300 bass guitar. :) Rescued from a pawn shop, it replaced the brand new one that I had lost TO a pawn shop a couple of years before. The stock tone sucked, so I took a router to it, made my own pickup config with EMG actives, and put a drop-D tuner on the headstock. It NEVER goes out of tune. Bands tune to me.
    I am totally a booty man! (I assume you meant "publicly visible form").
    I can be quite gullible, yes.
    I dunno if I can list that many...
    1-White rice and macaroni salad at the same time. Disgusting Hawaiian staple.
    2-Nishime. Don't know what it is, but it sucks. It's like the vegetable medley of oppressive regimes.
    3-That grilled eel sushi. One time cured me.

Unless you include things served on "Fear Factor", I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Passive aggression.
    I am only just this year becoming aware of my age. And it f'ing sucks, because I'm not ready yet.
    It can be read HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar