Member of the Week: Avvie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Yup, but I edited in some questions that I specifically wanted to ask you and removed a couple that I thought really weren't applicabe in your case. The "what work of art..." question I added specifically for you. Is there some obvious answer that I'm unaware of? It wouldn't surprise me, I can be annoyingly oblivious at times (worrying about my own selfish needs keeps me pretty occupied :)) ). Sorry.

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Putz. :moon2:

:))

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:ha: Oops, my bad!

The answer to "what work of art...." was Atlas Shrugged. It made me realise what a bunch of losers I was hanging around with, and motivated me to find my career.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If you could go back in time to any time, when would it be and why?

If you were a lesbian, which chick would you most want to make out with?

When you going to make a little room for me to move in with ya? :lol:

5. avvie

The rules never change: It's not who you are or what you do; it's who you know.

Depends on how many, where they are, and have they advanced to being "age spots".

Nose or mouth?

Any correct order from the drive-thru.
    Actually, the one I'm having every day is great...faster than any of the standards, and better: a chinese plate from a local joint...point at what you want and they'll scoop. It's different from any chinese food I've had before...I'm not sure WHAt style it is, but it's good stuff.

OMG that's the hardest question ever presented next to "God will answer one question...." I'd have to write out and time that speech.

Is she carrying her purse?

Canned Heat, or the Bay City Rollers. Maybe. Boy, I sure wish you'd moderate our presidential debates.

the Smurfette ones.

Is that what leprosy looks like?

Jump to the rescue. It's good on salads.

Yes you do, and currently it's vietnamese fish sauce; although any italian spaghetti sauce also qualifies.

6. avvie

7. avvie

8. avvie

Aloha Airlines is offering great deals in trips to Hawaii :suspect:
    Remember that bass I lost to a pawn shop I mentioned a couple of pages ago? That was the short version; the truth is that I got someone else to get it out for me, and I'd pay them back for it. Instead, they got it signed by Rudy Friggin' Sarzo, and wouldn't let anyone touch it after that.
    Other than that, I have a postcard sent to me from Neil Peart in 1982, and a CD signed by 2/3 of King's X.

By now, you may have surmised that King's X may have been concerned that I was a stalker; which is strange, because I'm sooo not like that. I probably got on Doug Pinnick's nerves a bit, though.
    Last February, I was at the Grand Wailea Resort, doing my job, minding my own business as Earth, Wind and Fire held band practice 25 feet away. My older brother, his kids, and myself have been fans of them since their first album.

Which one?...An African or a European banana?

Goat's milk. Yeah, I thought it was weird, too.

No, but if you shoot at him, they'll put you in the nuthouse if you let his wife escape unharmed.

Tosser. Same as he ever was....same as he ever was...

Well, I've been sitting here for about a half-hour trying to answer this one, and every time I come to a conclusion, I think of an exception. Record production goes in fads and cycles just like everything else, and I think this is simply the current trend, just like in the 80's, when you couldn't find a record that wasn't saturated in Lexicon reverbs.
    Best recent use of guitar dynamics: A Perfect Circle's "Thirteenth Step".

Examples? (other than the obvious White Stripes?)
    I have to ask because I will NOT listen to a song with a bad drummer.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Simpsons or Family Guy

Homer or Peter

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hooziers
    The Klaxxons
    The Fray

It might be an English music industry/radio problem.

Whatever sound they think that the kids will buy is cloned to death. Right now the 'in vogue' sound seems to be frenetic guitars & banging on one drum incessantly while some no mark, weak voiced, primped & preened himbo wails away on vocals like a wounded hyena.

I can't listen to the radio anymore over hear.It's not that I'm getting old,new music here is mush & real talent doesn't get airplay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar