Member of the Week: Tackhead #9

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Why the name Tackhead #9?

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You really had to ask?:))

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

How old are you?

What are you studying or doing for a living?

All time favourite Titan?

4. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

In the same way Texans are Cows, to some people, Titans are tackheads (because the 'T' logo really does look like a tack if you consider it). I've been trying to find an online moniker for a while, but something about this just seemed kinda cool. If that's what other teams fans will call me, then so be it, I am a Tackhead. I don't know why I decided to stick a number in there... I probably just wanted the name to stick out more. So I went with my favourite Titan, Steve McNair. ...Sucks that he was cut around four months afterwards, but that's a moot point.

20 now. Sounds weird to me, it was my birthday just a little while back and knowing I'm no longer a teenager feels weird. Doesn't feel any different by any means, but the concept that my life spans two decades... Meh, I'm rambling. lol

I'm currently doing 'performance studies' in university, which is essentially another way of saying 'drama' only with less acting and a whole lot of hippie crap that I hate. Just started my third year of it, I'm going to be an actor and it's really not doing anything to help that, but I feel like I'm picking up some other skills along the way, and getting some good connections that'll help in the long run.
    I've just recently started working at an arcade, too. My next two shifts will end at 1am and 2am. It'll be interesting to see how I manage that!

I'm gonna be honest, it's still Steve McNair. I know there are so many better options out there, but when I started following the Titans, Mac was the superstar, the highlight reel, the man I came to see. He was the reason I became a Titans fan, and I'll always glorify him in my mind. If I watched more football, it would probably have been Earl Campbell. Watching that guy is just insane, just thinking of some of his best highlights... the stiff-arm that sent the defender flying into the endzone... the run where he just planted his helmet right into the Rams(?) player's chest, taking them down... his jersey getting torn to shreds as people tried desperately to take him down... That's a player to remember.

5. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Hey now to be fair a performance studies degree's is just as useful as an acting/directing degree... which it is not at all. (i say that with a great deal of love because thats one of my degree's at BSU) What University?

What do you consider "hippie crap" and why?

Your an actor so whats your favorite role?

If you could choose any role (one that has already been created) which would it be?

Stage or film?

How do you eat your oreos?

Favorite movie?

Favorite brand of tennis shoes?

If the titans mascot was an elephant wearing a purple tutu would you still be a fan... and would you wear the purple and gray jerseys?

Can you sing your school fight song without looking it up?

Who is hotter Kirsten Dunst or Alyssia Milano?

Who would win in a fight the pilsbury dough boy or Mrs. Buttersworth?

Which animal would you rather meet face to face a polar bear or a cheetah and why?

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

ahh the ninja tutle ... remember the avatar but not the name for some reason ...

Why TMNT?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why are Australians better than those Yanks?

Ever remember playing against me?

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Haa, there's so much truth behind that statement that it hurts. Always proud to be getting a bachelor of unemployment, erm - bachelor of arts. Anyhow, studying at Victoria University.

"Be lightning without acting lightning..." "Have a conversation with yourself without words..." and a bald idiot prancing about asking us "what we'd like from our dance today." God I hate those people; they've damn well turned me into a redneck out of spite.

Work's hard to come by... So far, I've really liked playing Zac in a stage production of Cosi. It's an Australian play by Louis Nowra, and I would recommend it to anyone - fantastic ensemble piece, and not all that hard to pull off. In my case, I got to play a lithium-addicted pianist in a 1960s mental asylum. Superb character role to just go crazy with! Honestly, I haven't gotten a lead role yet, just a lot of supporting work, and I reckon I prefer it that way. People love a good offbeat supporting character.

I could've been a much better Neo. Much better looking, too. If I have to pick something that's actually up for grabs, I'd go with the Phantom of the Opera. Such depth behind that character, a good Phantom can command the stage within the first second he appears. Music of the Night is also a great piece by all means (though I have trouble belting out some of the notes), and I would really love to mess with the role. Roy Weisensteinner is a great Phantom, incidentally.

Film will always be the big dream, though I've never been entirely happy with anything I've done in film. I love the adulation of a good crowd, but consequently, I've also felt the pain and heartbreak of putting on a play that sat saw five seats filled in a theatre with the capacity of 130. You know you're in trouble when the cast outnumbers the audience... But anyhow, I want people to care who I am, too, and gaining a reputation in the mainstream as a stage actor is a rarity. Colm Wilkinson ring a bell to many people? Thought not.

"First you twist it... then you dunk it..." or however those ads went. Do they still play those in North America? They ran for so long, and I always hated that kid for giving the rest of his milk to his dog. Anyhow, I like to rip two in half, then stack them to make a double Oreo.

Currently Adam Sandler's take on The Longest Yard. Screw the critics, it had everything it needed to have, and honestly the original hasn't aged well. As an aside, I currently rank Se7en as one of the best movies I've ever seen, as well as The Picture of Dorian Gray - now THERE'S a movie that hasn't lost its touch over the years, not one bit!! Hard to believe Angela Lansbury was hot in her youth... Or the idea of her even having a youth at all.

Never really played... I guess I'd just put on whatever they recommended to me. Whatever Federer wears - that man wins everything.

Oh absolutely - just think of how opposing fans would squirm when taken down by such a team... Though the jerseys sound oddly reminiscent of the Ravens to me.

I don't even think we have one. Umm... Clang clang clang went the trolleeeeey... Ah that's not right.

Alyssa, any time at all. Kirsten hasn't really changed a whole lot since Small Soldiers... and she's such a stoner. Alyssa is damn fine, though that short hair was scary.

It would be close, but before a winner could be decided Aunt Jemima would smack them both down. Possibly with a rolling pin.

If I'm screwed either way, I'd be more inclined to say polar bear, because if by some miracle I actually win, it'd sound more impressive. Besides, the concept of smacking a polar bear around is more amusing.

Because they're TIMELESS. TMNT never gets old, and I tend to have a soft spot in my heart for the things I grew up with. Why I initially chose that avatar, I'm not too sure... It was from a public service ad or an ad for cereals or something, and I thought it looked kinda funny so I put it in. I think I just liked the way Raphael's mouth was drawn.

We have shown we can master anything of their's, so we're clearly superior. Aussie blokes playing American football? No problem! There's a whole league for that. Ask an American to play Aussie rules, and he'll get KILLED. KILLED, I SAY!

All the concussions are making my memory fuzzy, I don't know if I played seniors Blackhawks. I only appeared in a handful of seniors matches, I was getting slaughtered enough in juniors football. You take a 17-year-old rookie and stick him into the mix... He gets walloped.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sorry Sapper but an arts degree from 'BSU'? That's too funny.:))

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Do you read fiction?

If so name 5 of your favourite books that you've read.

What are your favourite genres to read?

Most bookworms have seen good ones turned into movies with poor results. Are there any books that haver been made into movies that you've really enjoyed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar