Men's suits

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FormerMrs27, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FormerMrs27

FormerMrs27 Guest

OK...I need some help finding a pimp men's suit. Jon and I are getting married in May and we had tossed around the idea of having a scottish wedding (Jon is scottish) and having the guys wear kilts, but we are having trouble with kilt rentals. So...we're on to plan B.

Where do I need to look for "not the norm" suits. I'm thinking maybe pin stripe...but a very rock and roll look. Here is the link to my dress:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2027&prodgroup=10

I bought the red sash with the dress. The wedding colors are chocolate brown and red. Here is the possible bridesmaid dress:

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod70743631&catId=cat85126

With these shoes:

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod72517631&catId=cat85144

I need some links to places that have really cool (and not the norm) looking suits.

Thanks!
    Krista

PS - any suggestions will help...I'm at a total loss here. I have NO idea where to shop for men's suits.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Did you ask him what he wanted to wear (or at least some input; it's always the woman who get's the final say :ha:)?

What kinda colors you thinkin' for the man? Shirt? Shoes?

3. FormerMrs27

FormerMrs27 Guest

Hehehe. Yes. If I said "I", I meant "we". He really wanted to wear a kilt, but we realized that it's just not going to work out. So this was his 2nd choice. We just don't know where to look.

4. FormerMrs27

FormerMrs27 Guest

Black suits for the men. Maybe a red tie for Jon and everyone else black ties??? He likes the idea of black and white wing tip shoes.

Are you kinda getting the idea of the vibe we want?

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

while everything looks mighty sexy, i have some words

it doesn't look like your bridesmaids dresses (in beet) will match the red

and those shoes are sexy, but not with that dress. just grab you a simple pair of white pumps. the only way those shoes would work is with browns

2cents

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I agree with Puck about the shoes. They're fine on there own, but not with that dress IMO. Like he said, get the nicest white pumps you can get and you'll be straight.

I'll look for a link on the suits you might like if I remember to.

7. FormerMrs27

FormerMrs27 Guest

Well...I looked at the dress in beet, but it's too much of a pinkish red and kind of clashes with my sash. So I thought I could bring in the red from my dress with a bouquet of red roses for the bridesmaids...or even with a different pair of shoes...maybe some chocolate brown shoes trimmed in red. I would love to find leopard print heels trimmed in red. I really want mine and Jon's personality to show in our wedding, and I think leopard print heels is one way that really express our personalities. ;) I like the suggestion of the girls wearing red. I'll keep looking at dresses and see if I find some hot red ones.

8. FormerMrs27

FormerMrs27 Guest

I'd be willing to change the dress if I could keep the shoes. I really like them!! :cry:

Again...ANY help with the suits would be greatly appreciated!

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

One of these suits should work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar