Merril Hoge Speaks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I was wondering when we were going to hear "Give Hoge his due". What do you think about his "dismantling of a franchise" comments now?

2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Lmao !!! Too funny.

But seriously..VY may not be you a-typical QB but from what i've been able to see of him he has the tools to be a productive..successful QB in this league. Will he ever be a Drew Brees? Peyton Manning? Big Ben? No. But I dont think he lacks anything that cant be taught..or imporved upon if surrounded by a great coaching staff that believes in him and is willing to work to his strength and athleticism.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

god....Vince was so sick his rookie year, I'm not even talking about his running. His passes looked so much more sharp then they do now....What the hell happened...

4. pettso

pettso Starter

You mean other than the fact that his whole coaching staff doesn't give him the light of day? Maybe the fact that the only actual play he's seen has been with an offense that's completely demoralized in the 4th quarter of a blowout loss? Or maybe the fact that he barely gets any snaps with the starting offense to get any kind of confidence behind his plays/players?

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If there was any mention of us using one of our first 3 picks in back to back years on TEs, not retaining the NFL's best defensive tackle, considering Nate Washington our biggest WR upgrade in 3 seasons, not investing in quality backup cornerbacks, having a stale stubborn inflexible coaching staff, having an ok cornerback that was an excellent return man get arrested 15 times in 2 years...

then maybe I'd give Hoge some props.

But ya know he's just a HATER.

6. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Message to Fisher. If you are pissed at Vince for what you believe (that Vince quit on the team and you) get over it. The dude is only 24. He's a kid. You are not.

PS: obviously I posted the clip to expose the luncy that is Hoge and others that "think" like him.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^Vince quit on Fisher first. You can't put on the blame on the coaches.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah and Volek was such a "LIAR" that an unprepared Collins had to tank the start of a season.

Fisher's ego costs the Titans another season.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

This is happening without Vince Young.

Young has played almost as many snaps this season as I have fingers... the Titans don't need him to dismantle their organization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar