Merrill Hoge post TEN / BUF game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by shadow50, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

offense fumbled it twice.

2. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Hoge, you ignorant slut. (Sorry couldn't help the SNL reference)

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

[​IMG]

4. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

I’m a Texas fan who buried past grievances against Bud Adams to become a Titans fan, so naturally I’m a Vince Young fan and, as such, I’m cognizant of his ability to pulls rabbits out of his hat and, in doing so, elevate an entire team.

However, I have to give credit where credit is due.

When I watched the first few Titans games this year, I couldn’t believe how bad the Titans were. I wanted to vomit. The offensive line was porous, the runningbacks were stodgy, the receivers were butterfingers, the defensive line was big and soft, the linebackers disappeared, the defensive backs cared more about looking good than playing fundamentally and the special teams were clueless. I wondered what the heck poor Vince had gotten himself into.

But this entire team has been transformed. That second Jacksonville game was a thing of beauty. The defense was on the field for what… 33 straight plays? And outscored the Jaguars 14-7 during those 33 straight plays.

Vince Young may be the pinch of salt that has made the water boil, but this entire team is playing at a completely different level.

I always figured Vince Young had enough talent and desire that he would eventually quarterback a dynasty in the NFL. But after the San Diego game, I figured it would take at least three or four years to build a good enough team around him. Now, I’m thinking the dynasty may have already begun. Sure, you can still improve a few areas, but this current team has grit like I haven’t seen in the NFL since the 1979 Houston Oilers.

5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

next season 19-0

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:suspect:

Interesting analogy.

7. TouchDown29

TouchDown29 Guest

Come on man I cant believe he compared him to Benny Burger. This dude has lost his mind.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Yep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar