Mett At Top Of Another Best Backup QB Ranking

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

I can name 40 QBs better than Mett and a handful are still in college

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd take a current McNair over Mett

• LOL x 4
    • High Five x 1
    • WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Troll x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I like Mett and all, but he is better suited for a backup role.

Mett is like the football version of Kenny Powers ... Mett already has a huge ego. If he gets put in the spotlight and has any success, it will destroy him.

He needs to sit on the bench where he can collect his check and still have the freedom to run around town doing whatever he wants without anyone really carring too much since he isn't the starter.

upload_2015-7-21_9-33-59.png

upload_2015-7-21_9-35-20.png

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

More Mett hype huh....

I'll admit, I was thrilled we landed him in the 6th when some said he could go in the 2nd, but he's 0-6 in real life.

For Mett to succeed he needs a lot around him, he didn't have that luxury with this team last year, he might be good but we'll never find out now...

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Do you guys see the resemblance? :biglaugh:

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I hope mariota succeeds. But if he fails or gets hurts, I'm glad Mett is here.

Haters are missing the point now and have always missed the point. Mett is not the second coming of Montana. No-one is saying that. Mett has everything it takes to become excellent. He will get there one day. With or without the titans.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I love having both....I don't hate Mett at all. I think the depth is great honestly. I just can't see the hype being 0-6 even knowing much of that was a crap team around him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Not a lot..just maybe a few capable players here and there. You know jcb the ABSOLUTE WORST WAY to judge a rookie qb is by the wins. I thought someone with so much "football acumen" would know that...

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Skeptical Football: Go Go Andrew Luck And A Must-Win For The Pats | FiveThirtyEight

Now obviously mett doesn't have the # of starts we would of liked...but that's not ENTIRELy his fault as we had to give Jake his final shot.

No ones saying mett is already Peyton manning..even though that's how y'all act.My ppoint is he did well enough in my eyes to pass in a mariota, and if I had to put money down on who's gonna have a better career is put it on mett.

Bout halfway down article states the rookie qb stuff.

• Boring Boring x 1
  10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Man, no-one is hyping 0-6. Tom bltch ass Brady or peyton egg head manning would have only been 2-4 with the same team. Those two are arguably the best, but would not have won much with this team. Mett held his own.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar