Meyer to the Buckeyes

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What NFL teams could use both a QB and a head coach next year or the year after? Because I've heard Tebow may get forced out of Denver for a more conventional QB if he can't rally that team to a winning record. If that were to happen, I could see Meyer venturing into the NFL to be reunited with his guy.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Teams like Ohio State located in one of the hottest places for football players in the world has no problems recruiting kids.

Best places to find talent is Pennsylvania, Ohio, the entire southeast, Florida, California, and Texas. Any school that falls in any of those areas will be good.

Look at UConn, they send half their scouts to Florida to pick up Florida and Miami's scraps. And almost all of UConns roster is from one of those states I listed.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They suck due to coaching. It's not as if they suck due to talent.

Miami and FSU are some of the best pipelines to the NFL in college football.

And it's a bit deeper than just talent. Mattison and Hoke will want the current type of OSU recruits. Meyer will want the smaller faster guys like he had at FL.

I'd be cool with that.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So Larry Coker went from national title winning coach to sucking? Or did he just win with Butch Davis' recruits and then suck with his own?

FSU hasn't been a pipeline to anything since 2000. Lawrence Timmons, Darnell Dockett and Anquan Boldin are the only guys I can think of that I'd love to have on my team from FSU.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You answered your own question. Those 3 teams and just about anybody is tapping that talent down there.

6. Deuce Wayne

Regardless, they still have some of the most drafted NFL players- whether you want them or not.

And sometimes coaches just get figured out and cant adjust. (Fish)

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Only Dunce would say that hiring Urban Myer was a dumb move. He won everywhere he has been.

He was even coach of the year at Bowling Green.

Ohio State already has the perfect QB to run that defense, Braxton Miller.

Another nice call from the board genius!

8. Deuce Wayne

Perfect QB to run that defense, huh? :D

I didn't say it was a dumb move. I said they could have made a better move. And Meyer could have made a better move for himself as well.

We'll see how good of a hire it is when he quits on them like he did Florida. (seems people keep forgetting about that)

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea keep trying convince yourself of whatever it is you're trying to convince yourself of.

10. Deuce Wayne

That Urban Meyer is a quitter?... Been proven.

That the job is too stressful for him?... we'll see.

That D'Antonio was a better coaching prospect? He absolutely was.

That Meyer is still yet to beat a Michigan team?... True.

That the spread wont work vs quality Big10 opponents?... we already saw it.

So far I'm pretty convinced of all the things I was trying to convince myself of.

Hey you guys still have sanctions coming up too? Remember the times I told you all that stuff was happening and you argued about it? Funny stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar