Miami giving Indy some competition for Andrew Luck..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Oceanic815, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I've been watching RG3 before ESPN talking heads even knew who he was. And his speed or athleticism (which is far superior to Luck's) isn't even the resason for his success. He's got just as good an arm as luck, is more accurate, and he's got the brains as well.

What's RG3's flaw? A spead offense?

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Do you have any actual proof that Griffin is more accurate then Luck or are you just pulling an opinion out of thin air. Also, great athlete doesn't mean great QB prospect. (VY vs. Peyton Manning for example)

And an offense that is infamous for making athletic QB's look better then they really are I think its worth mentioning when comparing him to a QB with comparable numbers who plays in a system that doesn't over inflate numbers

3. TheSureThing

his 78% completion percentage with worse receivers and a worse offensive line tells me he is more accurate. Not to mention I've seen them both play and RG3's percision on the deep pass is ridiculous.

Luck has done most of his damage this season in garbage time against terrible teams.

4. Finnebosch

Translation: Yes, I am just talking out of my bum.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I would say that RG3's flaw would be durability concerns. He is a little on the small side for an "ideal NFL quarterback" and missed some time in college.

Between that, the spread offense, and Luck's pedigree, Luck is probably the safer pick. My opinion is that RG3 has a higher potential.

7. TheSureThing

RG3 78% vs Luck 71%

completion percentage..How is that out of my bum?

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

In other words, with the first OR SECOND pick, they're getting a good QB...

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Finnebosch

As I said (three times already) the Spread offense inflates a QB's completion percentage. Just because RG3 has a higher comp% does not make him more accurate.

Do you dispute that Baylor's system (which is heavily based on Mike Leach's at Texas A&M where Briles had his previous job) boosts a QB's precentage as opposed to the Pro style offense that Stanford runs.

10. pettso

pettso Starter

My favorite line of this thing is:

Team Rec TOT CHANGE
    SF 5-1 99.0% 1.5%

Haha, the division race is over, everyone can go home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar