Michael Bush

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bulluck, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

OK... I definately just hit post once and it froze for about 30 seconds and posted like 10 times lol. Could a mod clean that up for me?

postcount +++++++++

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'd take Bush in the 2nd if we trade up for another third.

3. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Bush didn't blow out his knee, he broke his leg...big difference. I'll take a broken leg over ligament damage any day.

Maybe you did not watch him very often, but he was a Heisman candidate going into the season and was having a great game before the freak accident. The guy was a beast like Adrian Peterson. I would not mind having him in the Titans backfield, where he could split carries and reduce his injury proneness with a reduced workload.

4. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I'm both a Louisville-born and UK fan, and I was watching live when he broke his leg. It was ugly.

Mike Bush was all-world in high school, and if Brohm hadn't come along, he'd have been the starting QB. The guy is just athletic as hell.

He was RIGHT THERE with Adrian Peterson in the Heisman talk before the season, and already had 150 yds and 3 TDs by HALFTIME of the game he broke his leg.

There are very significant differences between he and McGahee -
    1) McGahee tore his ligaments in his knee in the Natl Champs (end of the season), and left as a junior. He sat behind TH while he healed up.
    2) Bush had injury problems his junior year and missed significant time. He led the nation his sophomore year in TDs. He was coming into the season as a highly touted rising senior.
    3) He broke his LEG (not ligaments), as Texdude said, in the first game of his senior season. Meaning: he missed most of two seasons before coming out. The second surgery will help him heal more correctly.

Bush would be a great pickup if we can wait for him to heal, but there's no doubt he's sliding into the 2nd or 3rd round.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Well leg instead of knee changes everything.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I would think about if he's there in the 3rd mo earlier. He is a 6'4 or so RB that spells disaster. He will take so much punishment even if he runs low and the leg injury isn't a good thing when he needs another surgery and might be out this year. On the pos. side he could be a goaline type guy "Brandon Jacobs" although Jacobs is a lot fast and a good blocker and recieving back. Heck there was talk of moving him to TE so some special plays as well and he can supposedly throw but its gutsy.

7. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

Hey guys...I'm a student at UofL and I'm not sure if you all heard the recent news or not. Here's the link: http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/SPORTS02/70320087/1002/SPORTS

Bush seems like a really nice guy too. I had a class with him last semester. I think it would be awesome if the Titans drafted him...I'm just not sure how soon we should risk it. I really wish Bush the best and hope that he can bounce back from this. Btw...if you guys have never seen him up close, he IS a beast.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like battle better...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cerLQKK7vg8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cerLQKK7vg8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

6'2 245

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Falcons and Petrino don't draft Bush with one of their extra 2nd rnd picks from the Houston trade.

If he is on the board in the 3rd we better take him.

The nice thing is that the need for RB is very low this yr and great value will be had in the 3rd rnd.

Most teams won't draft a back up in the 2nd rnd if they already have an established #1 RB that isn't too old.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The next tiki barber?

An interesting comparison..

Size..irons 5'10.5 203......lynch 5'11 215

40 yd dash...irons 4.45.....lynch 4.46

20 yard dash..irons 2.56...lynch 2.58

10 yard dash..irons 1.50 ....lynch 1.53

Vertical......irons 38....lynch 35.5

broad.........irons 10'3.....lynch 10'5

Cone......irons 7.0.......lynch 7.09

225 lb reps.....irons 17......lynch 20

Irons also had the better 60 yard shuttle, in fact the best time among RBs.

So, irons is a first rd talent that we can get in rd 2. I have no problem what so ever using our second on him. We need to run the ball!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar