Michael Oher visiting Titans today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Fill holes

Draft BPA

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

They have a ton of money and are getting nervous. I bet they over pay him or at least try.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No one said he's a starter just because of the movie...

But I do believe the story helped his draft stock a lot. He went in the 1st round, and I didn't think he was a legitimate 1st round player... I was right.

I wouldn't be mad with the move as long as we don't overpay, but he's only better than Stewart because Stewart is done, so that's a bad example. He will be a pretty average RT.

4. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

You were in the vast minority then. Most "experts" believed he was 1st round material based on his play on the field alone. He man-handled people at Ole Miss and was without a doubt one of the best 0-linemen in the nation.

Sucks it didn't translate into the NFL as well, but his draft had nothing to do with a book (the movie came out after the draft).

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You guys thinking he's going to get $3.5 million are crazy. Starting RT money is around $5-6 million a year.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I know it's not a sexy pick but RT at #11 is looking more realistic. We have to prepare for Roos departure, any QB we have will have a rough time with young tackles if we wait any longer. Get someone to play RT then move to LT when Roos is about ready, then get a projected RT in the draft eventually to take over at RT.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Well he is from Tennessee. Maybe he wants to be closer to his annoying foster mother.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I don't think it's that much. Dave Stewart was the highest paid rt in the league and was only making 6.5. If I'm not mistaken

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I see your reasoning but if we don't need the guy to start immediately why take him in the 1st when quality OTs will be available in the second? Don't teams normally take OTs in the first round because they intend to start them right away? If we sign Oher I don't think we got OT in the first.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol ya I remember those 10 ints he threw in the first few games, that was INSANE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar