Michael Phelps

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Puck, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

I thought it was a close debate until Tiger won a tournament on one leg.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Tiger may be the greatest athlete of all time, much less the greatest golfer. No comparison if you ask me.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Definately the better athlete.

4. The Playmaker

I think of it from this standpoint. Last year everyone thought Federer was the greatest tennis player ever. Then he plays like 5 matches against Sampras and loses like 3 of them. So an older Sampras can contend against Federer. So I can't really say Tiger 100%.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Tiger is about even with Nicklaus in my opinion. But he is on pace to tear him up.

I feel Carl Lewis is very underrated in this category of greatest athlete.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That race had to be rigged. There is no way from the replay that Phelps touched first.

7. The Playmaker

I didn't see it! Dang!

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It was real close. I think you got to trust the omega touch pad on this one.

What was amazing was that Phelps hands were like 2 feet behind the other guy, pointing backwards, while the other guys hands were just 6 inches away from the wall, and before you know it Phelps hands were at the wall. It was kind of freaky. But he was above water while the other guy was gliding beneath. Very wild finish. Pretty much a miracle.

Again tho, I think the computers and touch pad got it right. The review committee seemed to agree after looking overhead with the HD cameras. Pretty crazy.

9. The Playmaker

The first one I missed! He also likes rap music, dang!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar