Michael Silver is a believer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

here are some extracts from his article:

- "So, for what it’s worth, I’m picking the Steelers, Cardinals and Titans to repeat as division champs and every other postseason participant from ’08 – yes, including the Colts – to fall off. Call it Revolution No. 9, and call me the least formulaic prognosticator in the business."

- A few months ago, Titans halfback Chris Johnson gave himself a new nickname: Every Coach’s Dream. If Johnson doesn’t put up some huge numbers in 2009, I, too, will soon have a new nickname: One Coach’s Nightmare. Such is life after spending last Sunday helping UCSB women’s basketball coach Lindsay Gottlieb assemble her team, Harsh Reality, in the Gauchos, Tiger & Bears oh my! Draft via Y!Sports. Unlike my buddy Malibu, who shut me out of the process, Gottlieb solicited my input and turned the draft into a semi-collective effort.

Drafting second overall in the 12-team league, and correctly assuming that Adrian Peterson was a slam-dunk No. 1 selection, Gottlieb asked me who I thought we should take. We assessed the popular options – Michael Turner(notes), Maurice Jones-Drew(notes), DeAngelo Williams(notes) – before I made my surprising case for the second-year speedster from East Carolina: “I think Chris Johnson is going to tear up the league this season. Remember the first quarter and a half of the playoff game against the Ravens? We were watching the guy become a star before our eyes. He had 100 total yards against that great defense, in that context, before he went out with an ankle injury – and it completely changed the game. Now he’s talking big, and I think he’s going to deliver. I know LenDale White(notes) is the short-yardage guy who had 15 touchdowns last year, but I think Johnson is going to get the ball more and more as it becomes more obvious how ridiculously good he is. The Titans are going to be a good team with a lot of leads, and Jeff Fisher is committed to the ground game like few others.” Gottlieb, to her credit, went with my instincts and made the pick, provoking a slew of instant-message taunting from the league’s other participants. (“ha ha Chris Johnson!!!” “Wow, geezy, Chris Johnson??? Thank you.” “He had less TDs than his backup last season on about 100 less carries …”) Johnson actually had 51 more carries than White, for nine TDs (he scored a 10th through the air) – and besides, the most glaring mistake I see fantasy players make is assuming that the current season will be extremely similar to the previous one.

source - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...slug=ms-thegameface090409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

fantasy football players = Dungeons and Dragons nerds
    (same social status, different game) LOL

Yeah. I said it.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Do people gamble on D&D? I've heard of it, I don't know exactly what it is... because I've never seen it or done any research on it.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

fantasy football is very nerdy, but it is definitely not the same social status.

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

fantasy football is one of the all time man activities.

and i agree about chris johnson... i think he balls rediculously hard this year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar