Michael Turner in town

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the only problem with bringing him in is that we would have to pay so much for him

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Im not worried about Lendale, cuz idc what he weights in at, if the cat can play, hes on my team, (i.e jerome Bettis)

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

maybe alot to other teams, but comon, we are stacked with draft picks, we have draft picks we dont know what to do with. swap 1st rounders. give them a 4th or 5th. = Turner a TITAN

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the money or the trade ?

there's really no indication that Turner will command great dollars
    yes, the picks lost will hurt, but even that is undecided

we could come out like bandits on this one

it seems like TN is the best partner to deal with (as opposed to Buffalo) and besides, they can easily pick up Lynch where they sit, and they have enough ammunition to move up and take Peterson if they want to

and SD knows what they got in trade for McGahee (which was ridiculous), and they might try to squeeze more out of them; the kicker is that I don't think Turner would sign with Buffalo (given his imediate thrust into mega-expectations)

here, Turner could ease into the RBBC role and ultimately take over. Here he'd have some breathing room and a little choice

in Buffalo he's the starting RB .... from the day he signs

5. Turner would be the clear #1 RB immediately no matter where he ends up.

And personally, I think Buffalo is more likely to make it deal unless they plan to draft Marshawn Lynch or trade up to get Adrian Peterson.

6. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

I agree. As much as I'd like to see Turner here, I just don't think we'll be a contender once it comes down to dollars/picks here vs. elsewhere (buffalo). Reiny is tight and I don't see that changing any time soon...although Turner instantly makes us a whole lot better offensively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar