Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Michael Turner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 22, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,653
    Ok. Saying Turner has "too many miles" is silly.

In 9 yrs he has about the amount of carries as most 5-6 yr feature backs. Keep in mind he was behind LT and hasn't really had as much of a grinding career as you'd expect.

Furthermore...

He had 10 rushing TDs last year. 8th in the league. Our Chris Johnson was 17th...

So pretending he wouldn't be a guy to split carries and a damned good change of pace back is honestly pretty dumb.

We're not needing him to be a feature-back and carry the ball 20 times a game.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,190
    city miles

and theres better value out there, Turner will still want money, better off drafting somebody in the 4th round
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,653
    Probably so.

"city miles" is a goofy BS term, by the way.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  4. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,247
    He had a DUI last season.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,190
    Wonder what Griffin thinks of this thread?
  6. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $11,013
    Burkehead, Le'Veon Bell, Eddie Lacy or GTFO. I think Stepfan Taylor is overrated.
  7. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,445
    I'd still reach out to him. You never know who will be available at the draft so I think we should take the FA very seriously. Stock up early and get options.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  8. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97
    I would not find throwing him a short term deal, guy is not washed up yet. Him not being the feature back would be pretty good for the both of them.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  9. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97
    Exactly, fill these easy positions in the free agency and go after the real needs in the draft. Why waste a draft pick on a PART TIME back when we have several needs.
  10. oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Moolah:
    $439
    It's funny how several of us were mad when our FO did nothing to try and bring him in when he left the chargers. He would make a nice 1-2 punch but does he have enough left or should we draft a young pounder?